Things CAN change so fast….

Torrencerodco

Man o man where do I start! Has been a very eventful last few days of our west desert tintic muzzy hunt.
We have been seeing lots of deer away from the beaten path and we were grinding 4 to 5 miles a day until poof things change in the blink of an eye

Many miles hiked with my 9 year old and many failed stalks but he was right there by my side until he twisted his knee up in a top basin yesterday morning that put a screeching hault to our plans. He is absolutely crushed and so am I but that is just how things go with this hunting game but dang we are bummed.
What would you guys do in this situation ??? I want him by my side because he is absolutely obsessed with mule deer and as far as I’m concerned, these youth are the future of the conservation and the state, but at the same time I have no clue where to take a Chevy 2500 diesel for some easy access areas…
We are a “no atv” family because I despise road hunting but here i sit contemplating buying one for this type of situation.
I guess I’m just rambling while sitting up here alone but just curious what you guys would do in such a situation? And if any body has any advice on where to take a 2500 diesel truck for access feel free to pm me!

Also in case anyone was wondering the rattlesnakes have been absolutely insane. We saw nine on Wednesday and six yesterday.
Definitely keeps you on your toes when you’re trying to belly crawl through the Sage basins hahaha

IMG_0761.jpeg

What a bummer! Though sad, just keep hunting your regular style. Just my opinion, your call

If you have cell service maybe you could involve him in some real time decision making via text that way he will feel like he helped you get a deer. ie I have two these deer bedded, which one should I go after? Should I go down into this canyon or contine over the ridge. Should I ditch the backpack for this stalk? Then give him credit for making it happen.

Also he does have a 9 year old nearly bullet proof body and might already be bounced back for action again.

I hate snakes! 15 snakes is crazy! That might turn me into a road hunter.
Amen ! Boy I hate snakes too- grew up in Central Texas- not to mention scorpions, centipedes, spiders, etc.. Drive the roads !!!
Jerry Gold In Windsor, Colorado ?

Man o man where do I start! Has been a very eventful last few days of our west desert tintic muzzy hunt.
We have been seeing lots of deer away from the beaten path and we were grinding 4 to 5 miles a day until poof things change in the blink of an eye

Many miles hiked with my 9 year old and many failed stalks but he was right there by my side until he twisted his knee up in a top basin yesterday morning that put a screeching hault to our plans. He is absolutely crushed and so am I but that is just how things go with this hunting game but dang we are bummed.
What would you guys do in this situation ??? I want him by my side because he is absolutely obsessed with mule deer and as far as I’m concerned, these youth are the future of the conservation and the state, but at the same time I have no clue where to take a Chevy 2500 diesel for some easy access areas…
We are a “no atv” family because I despise road hunting but here i sit contemplating buying one for this type of situation.
I guess I’m just rambling while sitting up here alone but just curious what you guys would do in such a situation? And if any body has any advice on where to take a 2500 diesel truck for access feel free to pm me!

Also in case anyone was wondering the rattlesnakes have been absolutely insane. We saw nine on Wednesday and six yesterday.
Definitely keeps you on your toes when you’re trying to belly crawl through the Sage basins hahaha

View attachment 120932
How is your son’s knee doing. Was he able to get back out, hunting with you, one way or another.

Just got back from a Wyo elk hunt. My son put his 6 year old boy in an Outdoorsman pack and away we went. Not ideal but it worked fine🤷🏿‍♂️

View attachment 120932
He is a good kid!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom