Things USO has started!

G

GMC

I heard here in Nevada there is a petition getting started to ban "hunt for hire" in the state. There are a lot of hunters in this state who are now just finding out! Whats your view I'm not to sure.

I'm not really sure what "Hunt for hire" means. If it means that you cannot sell your guiding services to people, then I am against it. Some people like guided hunts and should have that ability. Trying to create a monopoly on hunting in a state is another matter.

excuse my ignorance if I am completely off.

Yeah! I think thats what they mean they want outfitters out! They can get a lot of help from enviormentalist to get this threw. Pretty screwed up!

I don't agree with it. I don't personaly hunt with nor have I ever used a guide. But I live out west, have been hunting all my life. There are people that don't have the time or means to do there own scouting. There are some people that want a guide to find the game for them. And that is there right! Guide services pervide food on the table for a lot of people.

It's wrong to make it eleagle. Yeah I bet the inviromentalists/animal rights activists will jump on this bandwagon. Just one more nail in the cofin.

I hope this is false but who knows???

Will I've been asking a lot of people who are biologist who say guides are killing a lot of good gene pool animals. They do this by chasing game 365 24/7 and then rich folks go kill an animal they could'nt find by themselves. That sounds like fair chase clause should be updated. I was just watching a video where a women in Idaho made a good shot on a 38" typical buck. It was awesome! But, the only problem was the guide brought the video of the buck to town along with the sheds from the year before a day before she shot it.

The ?? of "killing off the gene pool" is sort of bogus. Those high quaility bucks have already contributed there genes into the pool before being killed. This is especially true in Nevada that manages for high buck/doe ratios and has a very tight quota.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

"The guide brought the video of the buck to town along with the sheds from the year before a day before she shot it." Clue me in. What is so unethical about that? Do I not see clearly?

I think that the guides play a part for the lazy rich people that have the money and time as well as the handicapp that couldn't hunt otherwise, unfortunately this breeds greed in some people (USO). I knew this whole USO suite was going to lead to a lot of problems for fairchase sport hunting, I pray it dosen't destroy it for everyone. Once the anti's get wind of this it could get ugly.

I think we should go back to the old days of hunting anyways. We need to get rid of outfitters. If i pull a tag for a out of state hunt it should be my responsibilty on how to find that animal not paying 3000 grand to some guide thats sleeps with that animal for half a year and knows his every move. Its not fair to the amimal nor to the hunter that actually puts forth the time and effort to get a decent size buck. I think the USO is wrong to try to get more tags. Its hard enough to draw a tag for a state even the one you live in let alone giving up half to non residents. I understand that i have to wait a long time to get a tag its just a fact of life. Thats why i go prepared for my hunts. I live in oklahoma and i dont need a guide when i draw an out a state tag. Nor do i need a guide for my hunts in my own state. Also i dont think that they help put meat in the freezer, i think they put heads on the wall and thats it. I dont thinks that its fair chase at all with outfitters. If you cant put meat in the freezer you should stop road hunting and actually hunt and not pay some outfitter for something you should know how to do.... just my 2 wooden nickels worth.

brandon

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom