Think I drew Sheep 3

LAST EDITED ON Apr-27-12 AT 08:53PM (MST)[p]Advice---Have the time of your life and shoot straight!
Don't know the unit, but congratulations 88!

I would getin touch with the Rocky Mtn Bighorn Society first. Then I would hire a good guide for that unit. Being from Penn. doesn't really make a DIY hunt a great option for such a rare tag. Congrats on your good fortune of drawing a Rocky tag! Please share pics and the story of your hunt this fall.

http://www.bighornsheep.org/

You could go up Clear Creek out of Idaho Springs and hunt the Sugar---- peaks area.

Or come in from the Georgetown side and hunt off the Gunella (sp) Pass road easterly.

I do not have my maps in front of me but toss me a PM with some contact info and I will give ya some itel.

Great country!

Robb

I've hunted it once myself and twice with buddies. PM me your email address and I'll tell you what I know. PS we were 3 for 3.

The first thing you need to do if you are not already there is get in really good shape. This is a very high altitude hunt, backpack only. You will probably need to hire an outfitter and there are several. Saw Sandbrew recommended Mark Turner. He's very good from what I hear. Will email you some info soon when I get a minute.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom