This can?t be good

More of the same. This should scare the hell out of anyone who likes to hunt public land, but by and large it wont. Nope, what are the chances that the crooked businessman with a long history of shafting people doesn't have the best interests of regular Joe the outdoorsman in mind?

They Could sell all the Federal Land in this Country for a Billion Dollars an acre & the Government would Still be Broke!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

It talks about selling it to the individual states not to private ownership. Not sure how that screws public land hunters unless the individual states are gonna sell it all off to private ownership??‍♂️

I think the track record from what actions the state takes is overwhelmingly concerning.
Either developing or selling those lands.
Not good for the public land DYI hunter
Many share the same concern.

?Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak.So we must and we will."
Theadore Roosevelt

>It talks about selling it to
>the individual states not to
>private ownership. Not sure how
>that screws public land hunters
>unless the individual states are
>gonna sell it all off
>to private ownership??‍♂️

Last year forest fires inside of Utah boundaries cost $110 million to fight. The feds(we) covered over $70 million.

Where do u suppose Utah is going to come up with $110 million to fight fires. Tgen add to it maintenance, law enforcement, etc, etc.

It will be sold inside of one fiscal year. And they won't be West desert acres they start with.

Also. To my Nevada, Arizona, California friends. When the feds don't own the land, do you guys just blindly believe Wyoming, Idaho, Utah are going to keep sending water your way to be nice? Good luck with that.

"I don't care if the season is closed. Get off your butt and go hunt them"

TRISTATE
3/11/19

From the party of HUNTIN, FISHIN, PUBLIC LAND.

The feds are gonna give away all your public land = the government is going to take all your guns.

I believe part 2, many believe part 1. I won't mock the part 1'ers like they mock the part 2'ers. Neither are likely to happen in our kids lifetimes but we contribute to groups preventing both for our own piece of mind.

"Not sure I grasp BHA motivation".
Hossblur 7/25/19

#livelikezac

So......when it's all private the private owners will pay for the fire fighting?....they don't now

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Was thinkin the same thing homer not to mention the federal government takes the money from the states to begin with & then trickle it back. Lots of things would have to be worked out in a deal like that. I'll reserve judgement til I see a detailed proposal

>Was thinkin the same thing homer
>not to mention the federal
>government takes the money from
>the states to begin
>with & then trickle it
>back. Lots of things would
>have to be worked out
>in a deal like that.
>I'll reserve judgement til I
>see a detailed proposal

Utah has a war chest, and a Louisiana law firm on retainer. It ain't gonna be a proposal, it's going to be a judge. Then most likely SCOTUS.

All my Republican friends who rail about Judicial tyranny, sure hope your wrong. But I read McConnell is fast tracking judges. And I'm betting Utah won't "judge shop", only dems do that, right?

This guy in charge of the BLM is like Bloomberg in charge of the NRA.

The department of the Interior is run by an oil lobbyist, director of BLM a land transfer lawyer. I'm sure there's nothing bad that can happen there?

TRISTATE
3/11/19

>So......when it's all private the private
>owners will pay for the
>fire fighting?....they don't now
>
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

No. You do. So YOU will pay to fight fires on EXXON land you can't touch.

Right now you pay to fight them on YOUR LAND.

So, Exxon gets the profit, you get the bill.

And, because it's private property, you won't get any say in how they drill, or the mess they make. But you will get to pay to clean it up, like you do superfund sites.

I'm sure as a hunter, there will be no need to worry about any of the Wildlife in Exxon's ground, because they are famous for their stewardship.

But hey, "states rights" and all those other bumper sticker slogans!!

TRISTATE
3/11/19

>>So......when it's all private the private
>>owners will pay for the
>>fire fighting?....they don't now
>>
>>
>>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>
>No. You do. So
>YOU will pay to fight
>fires on EXXON land you
>can't touch.
>
>Right now you pay to fight
>them on YOUR LAND.
>
>So, Exxon gets the profit, you
>get the bill.
>
>And, because it's private property, you
>won't get any say in
>how they drill, or the
>mess they make. But
>you will get to pay
>to clean it up, like
>you do superfund sites.
>
>I'm sure as a hunter, there
>will be no need to
>worry about any of the
>Wildlife in Exxon's ground, because
>they are famous for their
>stewardship.
>
>But hey, "states rights" and all
>those other bumper sticker slogans!!
>
>
>"I don't care if the season
>is closed. Get off your
>butt and go hunt them"
>
>
>TRISTATE
>3/11/19
>
>From the party of HUNTIN, FISHIN,
>PUBLIC LAND.

Relax Hoss

I see you ignored my comment hoss......

Hossblur 7/25/19

#livelikezac

>I see you ignored my comment
>hoss......
>
>
>
>"Not sure I grasp BHA motivation".
>
>Hossblur 7/25/19
>
>#livelikezac

No. It was fair mostly, well except that guns are a constitutional issue, land isn't.

Or, I'm not aware of ANY public land hunting groups that fund gun confiscation, but I do know of one Gun Lobby that funds land "transfer".

As of today 1/3 if the government is dam controlled, meaning 2/3 is pro gun. However that also means 2/3is pro "transfer".

Last. I've yet to read anyone in here, MM, say "I think gun confiscation would be good or preferable", but there are dudes on this thread saying it about "transfer".

I get the analogy. I get that under a dem president like Obama it was more likely to have anti gun laws, or the like.

But Trump is a Republican. And, in case you missed it, he appointed an oil lobbyist to interior secretary, and we just got this jackwagon at BLM.

So, which is most likely as government is situated today? Gun confiscation, or land transfer?

TRISTATE
3/11/19

So, which is most likely as government is situated today? Gun confiscation, or land transfer?

Probably both and neither. More restrictions are being placed on gun ownership every year, but not complete confiscation. The same could be said of land transfer. Some land should be relinquished from the Feds. Land that holds very little value to wildlife and public use. We have a country to run, a country that depends on energy independence to survive. If that means someone does well and creates good jobs and pays taxes, good. And I don't think anyone has to worry about a free place to hunt 5 days a year, or whenever you can draw a tag.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-19 AT 11:27AM (MST)[p]>So, which is most likely as
>government is situated today? Gun
>confiscation, or land transfer?
>
>Probably both and neither. More restrictions
>are being placed on gun
>ownership every year, but not
>complete confiscation. The same could
>be said of land transfer.
>Some land should be relinquished
>from the Feds. Land that
>holds very little value to
>wildlife and public use. We
>have a country to run,
>a country that depends on
>energy independence to survive. If
>that means someone does well
>and creates good jobs and
>pays taxes, good. And I
>don't think anyone has to
>worry about a free place
>to hunt 5 days a
>year, or whenever you can
>draw a tag.

I keep hearing this. I walked into cabelas today, bought a case of .223, and BS with a guy who bought an AR. Took him about 1/2 hour. If you live somewhere that takes longer, perhaps you should spend less time on Trump, and more time your local state rep?

I suppose if you spend only 5 days a year on it you'd see it that way. For the rest of us, we hunt it,fish it, camp it, ride it, ski it, snowmobile it, graze it, mine it, extract it, log it, drive it, atv it, etc, etc.

Then there is the little point of, WE EXPORT OIL. Which might mean we are good. And, as trucking will go electric in the next decade or so, our oil consumption will go down.

You need only look at railroads. Look at all the land the railroads were given because trains were going to be the thing. I have never ridden one. I doubt you do either.

Look at Weyerhaeuser and all the land they were given(and stole), imagine the taxes that the government(you brought up taxes) could have recouped from the trees cut.

Look at Las Vegas, Phoenix, Imperial Valley. No reservoirs, no canals, they don't exist.

If You eat beef, lamb, or use the products they make, go quadruple that, because grain and hay are much more than public grazing.

And last. Look at OPEC. If oil in the states was truly only a private venture, you think BP, EXXON, etc are not going to cap wells(which they do now), and push oil prices sky high?

But ya. If you spend 5 days on public land, I totally agree, might not be a big deal.

TRISTATE
3/11/19

WOW.......

"Trucks will be electric in 10 years"

REALLY?

"You need only look at railroads. Look at all the land the railroads were given because trains were going to be the thing. I have never ridden one. I doubt you do either."

Do you really think the railroad system was developed and continues as a people mover????...REALLY??

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Hey Homer!

Not Only they'll be Electric!

But the 1st Generation Proto-types/F-150's will Tote 1.25 Million Pounds!

Gonna Be Interesting to see what the DURAMAX's will be capable of Toting!

>WOW.......
>
>"Trucks will be electric in 10
>years"
>
>REALLY?
>
>"You need only look at railroads.
>Look at all the land
>the railroads were given because
>trains were going to be
>the thing. I have never
>ridden one. I doubt you
>do either."
>
>
>Do you really think the railroad
>system was developed and continues
>as a people mover????...REALLY??
>
>
>
>
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

This is something definitely to keep a close eye on in the future to see what may come of it. Frankly, I'm concerned by this action. Considering President Trump touted his conservation record since taking office.
The Trump administration has stated over and over again its support for our public lands, for our fish and wildlife populations, and for the outdoor traditions cherished by millions of citizens.
Actions speak louder than words.
As BHA has stated...
?The Fox has taken control of the hen house.?
Guess we will see if anything big comes from this

"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak. So
we must and we will."
Theadore Roosevelt

15 1/2 millions trucks on the road in the US hauling freight of some sort. They haven't perfected little piss pot cars & we have to subsidize them still to get people to purchase them. Would love to see how much it costs to build a battery powered truck with enough power & torque to drag 80-100,000 lbs down the road? Takes 7 hrs to fully recharge a small car with a 300 mile range how long on a truck & how far can it go. Love to hear how we are gonna produce the power & build enough charging stations to make this technology work in 10 years with 100s of millions of vehicles on the road. We gonna cover all the blm land in the West with solar panels & windmills? Thinkin that statement was a stretch.

Feel fortunate for all the recreation opportunities you have on fed land where your at because in nw Washington the usfs lands are basically hands off & they continue to decommission roads to hinder access.There?s far more opportunities on state timberlands. It's a complex issue with complex answers imo

>WOW.......
>
>"Trucks will be electric in 10
>years"
>
>REALLY?
>
>"You need only look at railroads.
>Look at all the land
>the railroads were given because
>trains were going to be
>the thing. I have never
>ridden one. I doubt you
>do either."
>
>
>Do you really think the railroad
>system was developed and continues
>as a people mover????...REALLY??
>
>
>
>
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

About 70 % of the freight moved in the US is his truck. So, the railroads got every other section in and through advances in technology now account for 30% of freight.

Despite upon and Bess best efforts, time marches on.

There is currently autonomous trucks being tested. most of the major truck builders are involved, as well as Tesla.

Do the math. Salaries, benefits are a large cost in the price of freight, replacing them makes economic sense.

Amazon isn't going to keep UPS and Fed Ex around forever.

So YUP, replacing costlier trucks with autonomous driverless trucks, is happening. The same way freight hauling via train was greatly curtailed via the truck.

Oil consumption in the US will continue to decrease, as we become more and more efficient, continued use of hybrid, movement towards electric.

So, should we give oil companies 640 million acres on the promise of "cheap oil", tgen 50 years from now look at it and say, wtf

Or, just maybe, YOU the landholdee can get benefits from extractive industries paying to extract off YOUR land.

Neither the railroads nor timber companies provide enough cheap material to come close to covering the hundreds of billions they were given for simply buying governors, senators, congressmen.

We tried the king owning all the land once. It was 4th of July a while ago, perhaps you should of read up on how that works.

Hey Bess, "I'm sorry grizz, you were correct"

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-n...150-can-tow-some-serious-weight-ar186100.html

TRISTATE
3/11/19

640 million acres are going to be sold to Exxon? And you accuse the gun owners of wearing tin foil hats.

The last 3-4 bucks I've killed were on timber company land. You know why? Because the Forest Service couldn't manage a flower box of petunias let alone a forest.

The only reason we have an oil surplus is because of fracking technology. If the Dems had their way we'd be paying $15/gallon and there would be a shortage.

Nope, your 5 day free hunt is safe and nobody is going to sell your bicycle trail.

>>WOW.......
>>
>>"Trucks will be electric in 10
>>years"
>>
>>REALLY?
>>
>>"You need only look at railroads.
>>Look at all the land
>>the railroads were given because
>>trains were going to be
>>the thing. I have never
>>ridden one. I doubt you
>>do either."
>>
>>
>>Do you really think the railroad
>>system was developed and continues
>>as a people mover????...REALLY??
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>
>
>About 70 % of the freight
>moved in the US is
>his truck. So, the
>railroads got every other section
>in and through advances in
>technology now account for 30%
>of freight.
>
>Despite upon and Bess best efforts,
>time marches on.
>
>There is currently autonomous trucks being
>tested. most of the
>major truck builders are involved,
>as well as Tesla.
>
>Do the math. Salaries, benefits
>are a large cost in
>the price of freight, replacing
>them makes economic sense.
>
>Amazon isn't going to keep UPS
>and Fed Ex around forever.
>
>
>So YUP, replacing costlier trucks with
>autonomous driverless trucks, is happening.
> The same way freight
>hauling via train was greatly
>curtailed via the truck.
>
>Oil consumption in the US will
>continue to decrease, as we
>become more and more efficient,
>continued use of hybrid, movement
>towards electric.
>
>So, should we give oil companies
>640 million acres on the
>promise of "cheap oil", tgen
>50 years from now look
>at it and say, wtf
>
>
>Or, just maybe, YOU the landholdee
>can get benefits from extractive
>industries paying to extract off
>YOUR land.
>
>Neither the railroads nor timber companies
>provide enough cheap material to
>come close to covering the
>hundreds of billions they were
>given for simply buying governors,
>senators, congressmen.
>
>
>We tried the king owning all
>the land once. It
>was 4th of July a
>while ago, perhaps you should
>of read up on how
>that works.
>
>Hey Bess, "I'm sorry grizz, you
>were correct"
>
>https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-n...150-can-tow-some-serious-weight-ar186100.html
>
>
>"I don't care if the season
>is closed. Get off your
>butt and go hunt them"
>
>
>TRISTATE
>3/11/19
>
>From the party of HUNTIN, FISHIN,
>PUBLIC LAND.

So Hoss?

This Technology Ain't Nothing New!

Why haven't all the Big Trucks became Electric Powered many Decades ago?

Where is The Power gonna come From to Charge all these Electric High Powered Vehicles?

HINT:

You Ain't gonna Plant Enough Wind Mills to do the Trick!

Please SPLAIN it!

I was only RAZZIN grizzly,but I Think the PRIUS Remark Touched a Nerve!

Hey bess have you seen how big they are making these new RV/Toy haulers and plus full of sidexsides we are going to need them electric ford f150.

Hoss your statement "70 percent of freight is moved by trucks and 30 percent by train". That statement is a little misleading yes 70 percent is hauled by trucks after 90+ percent is moved by train
Hoss also the state or the feds do not pay the price tag to suppress fires on private property if the fire starts on private. The state or feds only pay if it starts on state or fed lands and goes onto private. So I guess if all the fed lands become state land and state land is sold to private then all fires will start on private and the state will not be on the hook for the bill to suppress fires.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-19 AT 09:42PM (MST)[p]I dont know the percentage breakdown of what moves what but I know trains are more nrg efficient at moving that freight. Oil and gas moves well thru pipe.

Hossblur 7/25/19

#livelikezac

>Hoss your statement "70 percent of
>freight is moved by trucks
>and 30 percent by train".
>That statement is a little
>misleading yes 70 percent is
>hauled by trucks after 90+
>percent is moved by train
>
>Hoss also the state or the
>feds do not pay the
>price tag to suppress fires
>on private property if the
>fire starts on private. The
>state or feds only pay
>if it starts on state
>or fed lands and goes
>onto private. So I guess
>if all the fed lands
>become state land and state
>land is sold to private
>then all fires will start
>on private and the state
>will not be on the
>hook for the bill to
>suppress fires.

Oh I'm sure. I saw all the firefighters surrounding Mapleton last summer. Most were municipal from cities throughout Utah, and they were protecting Private Property. I've never seen the Mormon firefighters that protect Deseret. Nor does that timber company have a private force.

$110 million to fight fires in Utah last summer. $70million covered via feds. Where do u suppose that $70 million will come from without the feds? Utah ain't got it.

Eel. Until this year, firefighting came out of FS budgets. Meaning the money that is supposed to manage, literally went up in smoke. Your best bud Rob Bishop loved that game. Starve the agency tgen point out it wasn't managed. Tgen when he got called out as Chair of resources, point out the Clinton gun ban, or abortion.

But your solution is??? Show me a state that has the budget, and the track record to do better. Your solution "the Yankees suck, let's not replace the coach, or GM, let's sell the team, that will make it better".

Funny you mentioned fracking. How's hunting the Wilkes bros land?

But you are right. Without selling 1 acre of public land, the US is an exporter. In fact, WE SHIP GAS TO KUWAIT.

So why is it we need more? I saw where in Texas, frackers pay the landowner 25% BEFORE COSTS on every ounce, PLUS a lease payment. Why are you in a hurry to NOT have that paid TO US?

They do that and Sweet Texas Crude is in the $50's. Imagine the profit margin without that lease and production payment. But, im sure the oil companies will gladly lower the price when that happens.

This ain't about forest management, ain't about hunting, ain't about some nationalistic horsecrap. This is 100% capitalism. The petrol companies can increase their margins by not dealing with those pesky leases. And not one of them cares at all about the US being energy independent. Turn off Sean Hannity. Pick up a calculator.

TRISTATE
3/11/19

I Might be on the wrong page but I could have sworn all the trains were electric driven, diesel powered but electric driven? If I'm still correct we have a long way to go before electric semi trucks? It has been a long while since I've looked in to it though.

Hoss I clearly stated if it starts on public state or fed land and then crosses to private the state or feds will pay. I personally have been part of billing the state for fires that my department has been on. The pole creek fire which you are pointing out was started on fed/forest service property in Juab county. Yes fire fighters will protect private property.

Yes hoss a quick check on Google and you will find out Locomotive engines are ran on diesel not electric.
Maybe you need to do a few strokes on the key board.
Stict to what you do know which is not much.

>Hoss I clearly stated if it
>starts on public state or
>fed land and then crosses
>to private the state or
>feds will pay. I personally
>have been part of billing
>the state for fires that
>my department has been on.
>The pole creek fire which
>you are pointing out was
>started on fed/forest service property
>in Juab county. Yes fire
>fighters will protect private property.
>
>
>Yes hoss a quick check on
>Google and you will find
>out Locomotive engines are ran
>on diesel not electric.
>Maybe you need to do a
>few strokes on the key
>board.
>Stict to what you do know
>which is not much.

+ 1 Hoss was thinking of the California bullet train to nowhere ?

LAST EDITED ON Jul-29-19 AT 02:10PM (MST)[p]Hoss the Electric motors are powered by deisel engines . There are even double engine models, also powered by deisel electric motors

>Hey bess have you seen how
>big they are making these
>new RV/Toy haulers and plus
>full of sidexsides we are
>going to need them
>electric ford f150.

Yes!

Everything gets Bigger!

Including the Price!

I'm Still Wondering what an F-350 will be capable of?

grizzly?

Elon Musk sent out this image of two Tesla Semi?s ready for their maiden voyage hauling battery packs to a Tesla plant.
Good day,

The Tesla Semi has finally hit the road. Tesla founder Elon Musk posted a picture of two Tesla Semi?s leaving the company?s Gigafactory in the Nevada mountains for a trip to California. The vehicles were carrying battery packs to Tesla?s automotive plant.

Musk didn't provide any additional details on the trip, but Market Watch reported that the trip from Sparks, NV, to Fremont, CA, is about 270 miles.

At the unveiling of the truck last year, Musk said the range of the truck was up to 500 miles.

A number of major fleets have put in reservations for the truck, including PepsiCo, Walmart and J.B. Hunt. UPS is another fleet that has reserved some units, and Carlton Rose, president of global fleet maintenance and engineering for UPS, brought up the company?s interest in the Tesla Semi at a keynote address earlier this week.

?We?ve purchased 125 of the new Tesla Semis, which is not cheap at $180,000 or $200,000 each compared to [a diesel truck], but we fully expect to have a lower cost of ownership,? he said. ?Electric vehicles should be cheaper, but we hope we can stimulate change and lower the price for [everyone].?
3-8-18

I don't know much abou freight hauling but I'll assume on hunt, ups, Wal-Mart, and Pepsi do.

I don't care if the season is closed. Get off your butt and go hunt them"

TRISTATE
3/11/19

Soooo. I guess coal stocks are going to skyrocket, as most of the electrical grid is powered by coal, goona need go charge up some batteries. And as far as stocks go, I guesd its all doom and gloom for Kenworth, Mack,Volvo.

>Those electric truck are like the
>windmills, they will be subsidized
>by the taxpayers

Yup, they are. But if you think the US Navy patrolling the Strait of Hormuz isn't subsidizing oil your nuts.

I had a 50' willy jeep. It's no where near a Rubicon. Point is, things improve.

TRISTATE
3/11/19

Hoss Yes Rubicons are nice with all the technology but I would much rather see your 50 foot Willy's.
Just funning you.
But I really do like Willy's a fixed up Willy's is on my bucket list of vehicles to own.

OPB you are wrong, that is exactly how these trucks will be. The thing that needs looked at is how much coal it takes to put and keep one of these on the road. The Navy thing is just hot air, they have to have something to do..

>
>Hoss Yes Rubicons are nice with
>all the technology but I
>would much rather see your
>50 foot Willy's.
>Just funning you.
>But I really do like Willy's
>a fixed up Willy's is
>on my bucket list of
>vehicles to own.

That's what she said?

TRISTATE
3/11/19

Battery technology is the problem with EV's. I would love to have one when they are viable. Lots less moving parts, gobs of torque and a manageable power band and not to mention it would run upside down.....yup I'm in.

And that from an old guy with a cylinder/age ratio (masculinity ratio :)) I'm sure is over two.

Carry on...

Bluehair
Splitting my time time between the winter and summer range......
May you live long enough to cash in those preference points. Amen

Full on battery power doesn't much appeal to me until it advances a bunch, but hybrid tech makes a lot of sense in a truck if they can make it work. Lots of potential energy every time they take their foot of the throttle. I never though of the possibility of that tech for trains- if they are diesel powered electric drive, many of the parts are already there. Battery tech probably isn't there to store power in that kind of quantity though. That is probably also a problem for big trucks.

I think wyosam is probably all over the next phase of technology for goods transportation. I don't see the battery technology as the answer. But again they have a lot to work out before any of these technologies become the norm. Reliability issues will eat up all the projected operating savings in a big hurry.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom