This pissis me off

freaknasty

look I've been there seen it.
So I don't get it, when you have an animal in front of you that you are about to shoot (WHY THE F DON'T YOU SHOOT) you have settled your pin or cross hairs on the vitals and you still wait WTF!!!! THIS ISN'T TV THEY DO CUTAWAYS FOR TV. YOU ARE DOING YOURSELF AN IN JUSTICE AND THE ANIMAL EVEN MORE, ALSO FOR NOT TAKING THE SHOT WHEN ITS PRESENTED.
Then they take a unfavorable shot and wound it. loosing it all together, now I consider myself A EXCELLENT TRACKER I FIND MORE WOUNDED GAME THAN MOST ANYBODY BUT I WOULDN'T HAVE TOO IF YOU WOULD JUST SHOOT WHEN YOUR SUPPOSED TO.

just a foot note here if you are being guided professionally or just being helped out by a friend or relative that has a good knowledge and experience LISTEN to what they say, it will end up better (meat in the freezer)

Hunt Hard
Live Free
RIP

We need more of the Story?

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

long story short
my buddy didn't take the shot when he needed to, ended up in a lost bull due to a bad hit. FML he is an experienced hunter so I thought

Hunt Hard
Live Free
RIP

>long story short
>my buddy didn't take the shot
>when he needed to, ended
>up in a lost bull
>due to a bad hit.
>FML he is an experienced
>hunter so I thought
>
>
>Hunt Hard
>Live Free
> RIP

That Hurts!

Ya!

I Was just wondering what the rest of the Story was!

I knew you would throw in (buck fever) I shoulda elaborated on that, but he said he felt calm and relaxed I feel he was but the proof is in the pudding right (no dead bull)

Hunt Hard
Live Free
RIP

Happens to the best of us......maybe even you someday freaknasty. Sucks that in his moment of truth, things went south for your buddy. But it can easily happen. I just hope he honors the bull he wounded & calls it a hunt. At this point, he either finds his bull & punches his tag on him or his hunt is over....IMO

I just talked to him and yes he is going back in to look.
he is limited on time just like everyone else but I wished him all the luck in recovering it. I'm just ranting again
and yes I get buck fever too!!! Mule deer F me up bad

Hunt Hard
Live Free
RIP

Been there. Not many seasoned hunters that don't have that story to tell. I'm a believer in once you wound an animal you committ to that animal only. Being an ethical Hunter is the only option??

Keep Helping Him on the Recovery if You can?

Sounds like it's gonna take you a While to Cool Off!:D

>Doesn't sound like much of a
>buddy to publicly throw him
>under the bus.

lol....no kidding

things don't always go right for all of us...

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>Sounds like buck fever. I've had
>a case or two myself.
>Hope I get it again.
>

+1 on the "Hope I get it again" comment...make fun of buck fever all you want - there is no better drug!

Kinda what I thought. If that hasn't happened to you, you haven't been in this game long enough. If you are that worked up over it, imagine how he feels.

Call me crazy but if I find an animal I want to shoot and the conditions are right, the animal isn't spooked and there is no need to rush a shot, I want to take some time watching the animal. I guess it just gives me more of a connection to the animal seeing it in it's natural state compared to finding an animal and shooting it within 5 seconds of discovering it.

That's me, your mileage may vary but I've never worried about how people think of who I am or what I do.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-24-19 AT 01:41PM (MST)[p]I bet the truth of this story goes more like this. His "buddy" sees a nice bull that has no idea anyone is around. The "buddy" is really looking it over to see if it's what he really wants to shoot. Meanwhile some know it all is next to him moving frantically saying shoot, shoot him, SHOOT, SHOOT, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? SHOOOOOOT! Bull hears the loud mouth know it all and spooks. The "buddy" now takes a rushed shot wounding the bull. I bet this would be the "buddies" story. LOL

Watch yer top knot!

Best to let the shooter decide when to shoot,,, nothing like somebody breaking the shooters concentration saying,, shoot, shoot, shoot.

>Best to let the shooter decide
>when to shoot,,, nothing like
>somebody breaking the shooters concentration
>saying,, shoot, shoot, shoot.

agree

>LAST EDITED ON Sep-24-19
>AT 01:41?PM (MST)

>
>I bet the truth of this
>story goes more like this.
> His "buddy" sees a
>nice bull that has no
>idea anyone is around.
>The "buddy" is really looking
>it over to see if
>it's what he really wants
>to shoot. Meanwhile some
>know it all is next
>to him moving frantically saying
>shoot, shoot him, SHOOT, SHOOT,
>WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
> SHOOOOOOT! Bull hears
>the loud mouth know it
>all and spooks. The
>"buddy" now takes a rushed
>shot wounding the bull. I
>bet this would be the
>"buddies" story. LOL
>
>
>Watch yer top knot!

Ed Zachary....

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-01-19 AT 05:25PM (MST)[p]you guys got a bunch of sand in your VAG, thinking I'm bashing on my bro. I'm sorry if it came off like that. It happens
all to often most of the time we get caught up looking at the antlers and lose sight of the vitals and just F up the shot.
I was not right next to him telling him to shoot I was up the hill about 80 yards away.

I'm 100% for my buddy to harvest this animal.
I'm just saying there's a time to shoot and a time to soak it all in and enjoy the finer things in life.
This particular hunt we set out to get an elk (A BULL) was the goal but a cow would have sufficed, this was probably the last day he could get out and hunt, we took care of some business the day before made a last 2 hour hunt that night, then set out the next day for the hunt.
It so happened that I called in a 300 class bull right in, when the shot was taken it was not as optimal as it could have been. resulting in a lost bull.
No he did not recover the bull, maybe after work slows down enough he can get back out to look for the antlers, god willing. I will be back with him as soon as we both get the chance.
I apologize for coming off rude maybe I should not have tagged the post like that but that arrow has already sailed.

Hunt Hard
Live Free
RIP

Hesitation Haunts! This is very true, not sure if its buck fever or indecision or what but it usually ends in a horrible shot placement or missed opportunity.

Freaknasty I'm glad to see your last post about being sorry for the initial tone. My original thinking was ?who needs enemies when they have a friend like this!?

You are right though, at times you get looking at horns and really you should just shoot. Hesitation has cost me more than one opportunity on taking a good animal. That said you can also have plenty of time and just not be able to get a good rest to shoot the animal. I had that on a great antelope a couple years back. I wasn?t comfortable with how wobbly my rest was and had to drop prone. Long story short the buck circled another 150 yards further out and I didn't adjust for extra wind drift at 475 yards instead of 325. My bullet hit right in front of him, elevation was good.

Anyway, don't be too hard on your buddy is what I'm trying to say in all this. Sometimes different aspects factor in that just can't be helped. Hope your buddy recovers the animal.

Timing the kill shot is more of an art than a science. Sometimes you're a hero and sometimes a zero just hunt long enough and you too will screw up a kill shot. Coyote hunting has been a huge blessing in disguise for my deer hunting. You learn how to get a bullet down range and on target quick or you don't kill many coyotes.

Dude needed to hunt with buddies jump shooting ducks,pheasants,quail....or he'd go home empty handed all the time..

Dude needed to hunt with buddies jump shooting ducks,pheasants,quail....or he'd go home empty handed all the time..

Now that's a true statement, been there done that , empty bird bag.

the funny thing is I never told him anything bad about the shot placement or chewed him out, these are my thoughts after the fact. I really was supportive on finding it, and to this day have asked him if he has had a chance to go back and look for it? still no chance.
all in all there's a good chance that the bull lived to see another day.

peace out my friend.

Hunt Hard
Live Free
RIP

So true bird hunting is a must for quick decisions and reflexes. My boy wants to hunt the pines sometimes, but he's just not quick enough to make it worth while.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom