This State burns my ass!

muzz

Long Time Member
I recieved my Utah application yesterday. I had 4 bonus points for muzzleloader Elk. Now they have done away with the hunt my points are pissed away. That is bull!!! They ought to transfer them for limited entry. That pisses me off. It would have been nice if they would have let people know a year ago that this muzzleloader hunt and the AR301 was going to be closed. That way they would all know that this is the last year to put in for the hunt. This state needs someone in there with half a brain to run things. That was piss pore PR for the Fish & Game. IMHO

Smiling.gif

muzz

JUST THINK,YOU CAN JUST GO BUY YOUR MUZZ. TAG THIS YEAR,YOU,ME AND WHO KNOWS HOW MANY OTHERS???

YA,I'M MISSING A POINT,YOU AND SEVERAL OTHERS HAVE LOST SEVERAL POINTS,WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON???

THIS WILL PROBABLY GET NUKED JUST LIKE SEVERAL OTHER POSTS I'VE MADE LATELY!!!

WHEN THE TRUTH IS STATED IT REALLY PISSES PEOPLE OFF!!!

REMEMBER,I AIN'T HIDING BEHIND SOMEBODY ELSES NAME!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THAT USED TO BE THE ONLY bobcat!!!

I agree with the years notice on any major changes. We all lost all our points for ML300 too.
Next year they will dump on us the 25 units gig......

Anyone read or can find the final decision on the LE elk draw SPLITS %?? I've heard it is 65-25-10 % or 60-25-15 % or 50-25-25 % but if it isn't in the '04 proc. is it more of a general GUIDELINE than how they are actually going to do it??? as if it was a regulation??

Lost all of mine too! The ML300 hunt was the one hunt I applied for every year in hopes of gaining enough points to actually be drawn.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-04-04 AT 12:24PM (MST)[p]Please- The LTD Elk tags are 60% Rifle, 25% Archery, 15% Muzzleloader. That is a fact.

I had 3 ML elk points and I don't feel too bad about the change. If I want one, I'll just go buy one. I like that better, even though it is not either-sex. Bummer to loose the $15, but I think I'll get over it.

Best of Luck on the Draws (But not better than me)

LAST EDITED ON Jan-04-04 AT 11:02PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-04-04 AT 11:00?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Jan-04-04 AT 11:00?PM (MST)

I lost two but not that upset over it because sense they made it a general hunt a couple of years ago I applied for both limited entry and general muzz elk. For the last several years you could go buy a spike only muzz tag over the counter and last year you could buy a spike or any bull muzz tag over the counter. so I done see why people think that all of a sudden everyone is going to go hunt elk with a muzzleloader. It,s been unlimited for the past couple of years over the counter and not that many doing it? So I'm all for moving the points over to limited entry that would give me 13 bonus points for elk!!! But they cant do that because they are preference points not bonus points. The only thing lost is the either sex.

2_ thanks, what page ya find it on in the '04 proc??? I called the DWR and got the dance around about it being the way it will be......

I was at the Wildlife Board meeting that voted it that way. It will be interesting to see how things play out.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom