Thomas Canyon Rec Area unit 2a?

F

frednfrog

Anyone on here ever hunted the Thomas Canyon Rec area north of La Plata? Is appears on the map to be roadless is that the case. Is it worth scouting for the 2a January hunt?

Its a nice area and if we ever get snow there will be some deer packed in. There are other areas that I would hunt more, the oil and gas work here allows you a rare chance to have a ton of great access to the hunting areas. 2A is a great area but there are not going to be as many deer as in 2B. I'll PM you a few other areas that i would hunt.... Good luck!

www.200inches.com

Its a walk-in area but alot of people go there. It would be worth a trip to check out.
-Raptor

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom