Thor bullets in CVA Accura

kalielkslayer

So I got the sizer pack in the mail today. I read the directions.

But I was curious if there are any other CVA Accura shooters out there that shoot Thor bullets? And if so, what size did you settle on?

tomorrow I'm gonna remove the breach plug and have at it.

Twoducks

So I got the sizer pack in the mail today. I read the directions.

But I was curious if there are any other CVA Accura shooters out there that shoot Thor bullets? And if so, what size did you settle on?

tomorrow I'm gonna remove the breach plug and have at it.
Accura V2 settled on .501. Haven’t shot it enough to say a lot but muzzy.com folks spoke highly of the bullet

kalielkslayer

I’m sold on the bullet. Wanted to use them a few years ago but I waited too late in the year to get them.

starting early this time around.

Accura V2 Mine also shot the .501 the best. I loaded it for a CO elk hunt but never got to use it during the hunt.
Off a bench at 100 yard open sights I could keep 3 shots touching a playing card or roughly a 2 in group. I was shooting 100-105 grains by volume, not weight, of Blackhorn 209.

graybird

I have the Accura V2 and also settled on the .501 diameter. Used it to kill a decent high country buck at 134 yards a couple years ago. Bullet worked as desired.

kalielkslayer

Thanks everyone for your input, I appreciate it.

got too busy working around the place today. Tomorrow I size them and order 120.

I want this bullet to be my only load for this gun.

HIcountryman

my Accura wanted the size .500 accdg to sizing pack. never ordered them, but i found the "one size fits all" thor did NOT fit in my barrel. I have been shooting Federal bor loc 350 lead.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Top Bottom