Thought on New Mexico draw process

Doesn't matter, I've got crappie on the brain right now
Crappie are a good thing to have a lot of. I have the boat running, now I need to use it.

Based on them posting results on Wednesdays, I would guess the 13th would be the soonest. I assume we can still delete our applications.

Crappie are a good thing to have a lot of. I have the boat running, now I need to use it.

Based on them posting results on Wednesdays, I would guess the 13th would be the soonest. I assume we can still delete our applications.

Yeah, my boat is ready. Hasn't been on the water since November. Thinking about doing a little prospecting this weekend. The last couple of weeks have been seasonally mild, so water temps may almost be about right.

Oh I won't give up. Now I care more about my kids drawing. My son has been 0-fer his first few years. But, hopefully this is the year! He drew the Bosque turkey hunt, so maybe that's a sign of times to come! The draw anticipation can be just as exciting as the hunt.

Yeah, my boat is ready. Hasn't been on the water since November. Thinking about doing a little prospecting this weekend. The last couple of weeks have been seasonally mild, so water temps may almost be about right.
Thinking about pulling the boat out of hibernation this weekend also. I didn't get to go to the lakes last year, was dealing with a medical issue. So, it's a long time coming this year.

I think the draw typically is completed quickly, what take a lot of time is the validation and audit process. You would be surprise at the deadbeats that can front money for their hunts, not pay their child support . Or the number of felons that applied that should not have. Or the MI hunters that drew but their card expired. The list is long, give NMDGF the time they need. Remember when it would take months to find out if you drew?

I think the draw typically is completed quickly, what take a lot of time is the validation and audit process. You would be surprise at the deadbeats that can front money for their hunts, not pay their child support . Or the number of felons that applied that should not have. Or the MI hunters that drew but their card expired. The list is long, give NMDGF the time they need. Remember when it would take months to find out if you drew?

Yeah. I remember the days when you didn't know until a tag showed up in the mail, in July, and you drew an elk bowhunt for Sept.

I see your point.

“Deadbeats”, felons, expired cards and etc. is all in a computer also and can or should be incorporated into the process. You could even enact regulations where if you are knowingly one of the aforementioned and you haven’t made amends before you apply and are drawn then you are ineligible for any hunt for the next three years. This is not like taking out a mortgage and waiting to close on a house.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom