Thoughts, Veterans Day Coming....

nochawk

Kind of scary to think about how okay I was with the idea of dying while i was in the in the military because it felt like that was okay, a part of the job. But it was also something I never shared with my family because I did not want them to hurt from my mindset... A warrior?s death was an honor in some way, it was this idea that I died for something bigger than myself. I was dying for my brothers, my kin, and my country. In the military you almost become passive aggressive suicidal. You don't want to die. You don't hope you die... but you become so okay with the idea that it just becomes the normal. And psychologically I don't think you ever come back from it. You leave the military you try to go to school, you try to fit back in and adjust to civilian life once again. You struggle to relate with your family, you struggle to relate with other students, you struggle to relate to your coworkers. You find the only people that actually make sense to you are veterans or your friends that are still in. They understand you. They know the same feeling all too well. The only way to supplement this idea, is to find some kind of purpose. But it is rare to find another job that gives you the same level of purpose that you once felt. I think that is why so many veterans feel so depressed and suicidal so often. We are lost. So extremely lost in the world. Searching to fill a void. Sometimes there are voids that we looked to be filled by joining the military, and for some it does for a while. Broken families breed some of the best Marines I have ever had the privilege of serving beside. Being a product of a broken family, I looked at the Marine Corps as a place to fill a void, to be a family and a sense of belonging I lacked growing up. And for the years I spent in, it did. I met some of the best people I've ever known, but our times in the Corps all ended at different times. But our pains all started again at different times. We longed for a family that we found. We bonded over pain, blood, sweat, and genuine love for one another. When we become separated from that family, the search for it begins again. Some of us never find it, not in the same way we did before. Sure, you see veterans or old friends you served with at reunions or hikes. But that everyday living and suffering together, that is what you miss and long for once again. Since I got out it has been a constant struggle to find that sense of belonging, but I have yet to find it. It makes me question my career choices, the people I spent my time with, and worst of all it makes me wonder if I will ever have a purpose worth being alive for again. Hidden behind forced smiles and sad eyes, I'm still empty searching for that thing to fill the void. I hope one day I find it. Or I am lucky enough to be granted a warrior?s death. Not sure which one I will find if either. But I will keep searching until I do find it. I am a broken warrior, but I keep fighting on...even though I feel like I am losing most days.

Dear Friend

You and I have much to Talk about and Share... It is impressive how you laid down so many lines of life in your Post... We have earned the privilege to be: Friends, maybe Hug, exchange feelings....

My Former Path was different than your's yet virtually the same stepping stones in a young mans life's beginnings.

I am always here in Campfire. I have no other place to be.

Jagerdad

It has been close to 40 years and I still miss guys I served with. Hope you just do your best and I thank you for your service .

10656memorial.jpg

Oct 23, 1983. Guy's you enlisted with, went thru boot camp with, trained with, lived with, slept with, drank with, deployed with, and you should have died with.

Your family.

Now they are gone, so you have to live for them and as long as you remember them they are still alive.

Deermadness is My Friend. It is nice to witness Him Posting.

A Bucket of Mud is just Mud... I Love Mud. I have zero clue how Jesus decided to embrace me. Some matters are better left to higher pay grades...?

Jagerdad

What you're feeling is very common from what I've heard. The VA is very aware and I hope you reach out to them as they are more than anxious to help veterans. No need to suffer like you do. Programs are there for you. Reach out like you did here nochawk, and all the best to you.

What I can tell you is there is nothing back in the world that can compare to that bond. Nothing I had done prior to or since holds a candle to it. 3 sports thru high school and college, some championships won, some ass whoopins received. Married, divorced, running a small company with a dozen employees. None of it compares to that bond of knowing you could count on those guys next to you to pay the ultimate price and they knowing you would do the same for them. Plenty of people struggle thru the holidays, we struggle thru veterans day and memorial day. I'm in our local VFW and America legion, it helps a little, being around people with similar experiences that can relate. But nothing compares to that bond you're lookin for. It's unique because of the circumstances that are unrelatable to anything else we will ever do.

#livelikezac

I could identify with a lot of thoughts expressed. Viet Nam was 51 years ago now. Some of us were able to survive and find a "sense of belonging" and shrug away the demons that haunt us. Despite problems fitting it (nights in jail, excessive drinking, car accidents, nightmares, flashbacks, weird and crazy experiences, etc.) I somehow was able to complete college, find a niche I was comfortable with, and create a life after. I started as a seasonal Parks employee (I figured with all the "skeletons in the closet" I might not get anywhere...but a kindly interviewer shrugged off some of what I told of my past...) I ended up working my way for almost 36 years from seasonal to Park Ranger, then to Park Supervisors I and II, then to temporary Regional Manager, then to Acting Regional Manager (for 6 years). I retired as a Park Supervisor II in 2008. During that time I met my wife and raised four children, lived in various Parks around Nevada, and had to me a very rewarding way of life. I would probably do it all over again ( the military,the post PTSD and college part maybe not so much) My hope and prayer is that somehow those still struggling can cast off their demons as well. Some of those really never came back...

Nochawk....find a local VFW or American Legion Post and join..you can be around fellow warriors of all ages and it definitely helps..Get hooked up with the VA also..Thats what I did..

Just recently I re-read a passage by our late President Kennedy. I ask each of you take a moment and read the words he spoke decades ago at the hallowed grounds of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. They ring convincingly true even today.

?We celebrate this Veterans Day for a very few minutes, a few seconds of silence and then this country's life goes on. But I think it most appropriate that we recall on this occasion, and on every other moment when we are faced with great responsibilities, the contribution and the sacrifice which so many men and their families have made in order to permit this country to now occupy its present position of responsibility and freedom, and in order to permit us to gather here together?

There is no way to maintain the frontiers of freedom without cost and commitment and risk. There is no swift and easy path to peace in our generation. No man who witnessed the tragedies of the last war, no man who can imagine the unimaginable possibilities of the next war, can advocate war out of irritability or frustration or impatience.

But let no nation confuse our perseverance and patience with fear of war or unwillingness to meet our responsibilities. We cannot save ourselves by abandoning those who are associated with us or rejecting our responsibilities.

In the end, the only way to maintain the peace is to be prepared in the final extreme to fight for our country -- and to mean it.?

Tonight, I went to my local Applebee's to celebrate the Marine Corps Birthday with a steak and they were SUPER accommodating.
I asked for an extra beer for the table as a gesture for those brothers and sisters who can't make it. The server apologized and said it was policy for one drink per person. She left and I could hear her talking with the manager explaining that table 42 (cool on another subject) was celebrating the Marine Corps Birthday and wanted another beer at the table. He okayed it, acknowledging that it was a Marine thing.
After my meal, she asked if I wanted to participate in the "Buy a Vet a Beer" deal for Veterans Day, I replied, "Only if you can tape a crayon to the card." She looked puzzled. I explained, "It's a military joke." She talked to the manager again, and he okayed that too.
Thanks, Applebee's!
264747618221027798447387035857977547786885267456o.jpg

Dear nochawk

I Personally Read and Re-Read the words affixed next to a Youth, figure, garbed up in, Modern picturesque imagined presentation.

i am NOT saying anything negative in reference to your Poster Picture. However, the words seem to be uttered by someone other than the Youthful Man (or USA Female) whom is sent, into, Harms Way.

No one is an Audie Murphy and No One could have Stopped, Not Even Superman, the Bombing of our Kids, Youthful Men, as they Slept. Nothing shall ever as once was truly real, so long ago. "I" am Losing my eyesight due to Diabetes. I am, very worried. I wish it is and other matters Never Happened... This is the Events, Memories, Endless Questions we, The Living, are given. It mad be sad and Painful yet, we Proudly hold close to ourselves, Privately, all of what I scratched upon.

Those whom never served are actually, just the SAME as all of us.

Dear nochawk... Don't make me STOP THIS CAR.... The penalty may be worse than YOU can IMAGINE. I just may need to avoid Hugging Uncle Homer and come give YOU:... "A HUG"... Maybe even steal YOUR Honda Trail 110.

My Home shall Always be; Your Home. It has taken me more than an Hour to type the above because I can barely see the Keyboard.

Hugs
Jagerdad

PS: If America wanted to Defend our Nation, all that is needed is cheap Beer, a BBQ and Plane loads of OLD Senior's flown into any spot. Us old Farts can Be Merry PLUS, Blast Enemies and Call in Air Strikes... + Request additional BEER & BBQ.... And Medications. Get with it NOCHAWK... I will buy you colored Chalk for art purposes.

Dear nochawk

I had to use much time to make the Post I did above. I just underwent incoming Mortar's, French 105'z and Marine Aviators dropping Shell's upon my personal area. In truth, it was my Wife (41++ Years) asking about a Package Delivery. As normal, I saw nothing nor heard nothing. As She started out the front Door to walk 150 Feet to the front Gate using her cell phone light :-( , Dumb Azz Me said, where is your $100.00 Flashlight I bought you...?

She doesn't like being delayed but she still had the Elk Hunting Box near her. She get'z the flashlight and as she heads out I say, Why not take the Dogs..? She does.

Then the German Shorthairs are out covering endless zip codes. I HEAR HER BUT CAN'T SEE HER. sHE IS OUT ON THE STREET YELLING FOR THE dOGS.

I yell Shut-Up and come back... Not to the dogs but to her. She is mad but after time, she get'z back inside of the Home and I sure can hear her Mouth.

I calmly call each Dog and they return to me on the front porch with their tongues hanging out.

To me, it was all Simple-Dimple.

i just now looked on your Post and saw YOU SSSSSMMMMMAAAAACCCCKKKKK .... ME. Crap, thus far only HOMER did such. nochawk... YOU are on the verge of being HUGGED... U Azzz Wipe on a Greased Hub where a Shop Towel is needed to clean Hub Bearings, not a Butttt Wipe let alone allow a crab sucking termite to get near our Jets.

Your Penalty is not Push Up's.... Those easy penalties are for Elk'y... Your Penalty is to click on the following Link and learn what an Ely or Chamber-xyz is and chew/suck on Dog-Turds as Ewe view the HISTORY....

Here's dah link:

Just know, No Crayon's or Human Ego'z were Harmed via Russian Hacked wordings above.

All I can say is God Bless all the veterans who have served his great nation.

It is your service that makes it so I can do the things I love so much.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart.......

LAST EDITED ON Nov-12-19 AT 07:02AM (MST)[p]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTQJy-scAU8
Perfectly done- a tribute to the soldiers who lost it all and to those who came home but still lost it all. And to our Policemen who lost it all.

What is: Shame
I do not know what Shame is, "As Many Feel It" yet, I feel its weight, every day.

No Internet typing can cross my (All/Any of Us'z) such internal globs of immense emotional thoughts & feelings about "Times In Our Past".

Be such an Order from Jesus or, those who Manage us ( Friend's & WIVES INCLUDED ), I had to go places I simply "Had To Go To".

Yes, to Eel and everyone in Campfire, I admit, my Past has Schooling's. I HATED to admit such. My Inner desires have been foiled but....This is a Large "BUT"... I was addicted to HONOR as a 5y old forward. Honor Grows on you. I also admit I have never LIED to anyone (except Bad Guys). Now at age in the mid 60's; Disclosing the NO LYING + Sadly, Education seems scary in, Campfire.

Yes, one of my educational locations was; Quantico, Va. I am still in awe about being allowed to be there. Hence, aside from Honor, all I Have is; My Humble and Humility's, my personality/body was born with.

Quantico is a distant place. Here is the address:

United States Marine Corps
School of Advanced Warfighting
Marine Corps University
2076 South Street
Marine Corps Combat Development Command
Quantico, Virginia 22134-5068

I follow up with a Link below that many of us in everyday working Families or being single/alone, can learn from.
https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a507172.pdf

If you take the time to read this, maybe a few times... I is a good read.

Hugs
Jagerdad :)

Good read. some "Shock and Awe" and "PsyOps" to think about. must keep a open mind if we are to survive.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom