Threaded Barrel Question?

Joe2Kool

Very Active Member
Just got my barrels back from threading. Do you guys use anything on the threads to keep them lubed? Whether it is a thread protector, muzzle brake, or suppressor? For choke tubes and MZ breech plugs, I've always used choke tube grease.

Thanks!

I just use orange locktite for my 3 port muzzlebrakes which my suppressor attaches to that. No plans to take off,on,off on. I Just plan to leave them alone

It just depends on if you want to keep taking your muzzle brake on and off. I’ve used aero shell grease on the ones I want to take off and swap out.

When I used brakes, I never had an issue using nothing. I now use regular gun oil for my suppressors. Never had on sieze. Probably not the right material but it works.

Thanks guys. The can will be used on multiple guns so I'll use something. Sounds like success with a variety of lubes.

I have been using anti seize on my threads. I have heard to many stories of stuck suppressors or stuck adapters. Lubing and cleaning the treads also sounds like a good idea. Just keep the carbon from building up in the threaded end of the can !

It just depends on if you want to keep taking your muzzle brake on and off. I’ve used aero shell grease on the ones I want to take off and swap out.
This^^^^ is the high-temp, high-pressure stuff recommended for threaded applications.
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom