Three Forks Ranching For Wildlife

C

COarcher

My girlfriends dad applied for the Three Forks Ranching for Wildlife tag. He has a small chance at getting his tag. Just wondering if anyone else has hunted that ranch or know someone that has hunted that ranch? Just wondering what we can expect from them?

Just heresay, but I've heard the bucks aren't near what they were 5 years ago. Let us know if he draws and how he does.

For the record, there is now where in the state w/deer hunting as good as it was 5 years ago. Maybe next year, if the rebound, but the winter kill from the 08-09 winter was REAL bad.

For the record, the winter of 08 hit less than half of the state. There are lots of areas outside of Gunnison and Eagle counties with bucks rivaling anything from a few years ago.

I drew a cow elk tag at Three forks about 7 years ago. It was a meat hunt which is fine. At that time they made you take one of of their guides. I got lucky and Had Al Morris as my guide. We drove to a herd of elk, I shot one, we loaded it in the truck and I went home.

I haven't gone back because for me the hunt aspect is as much or more important than the kill. If you want to kill an elk it is as close to a sure thing as you can get. If you visit the pictures on their website you can see that the bulls are not large in general.

It all depends on what you are after,

Bean

I had a cow tag there last year. I filled it in about two hours. IM me for details.

MSgt, USAF
1984 to present

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom