Three rams in three years!

ddsflyfisher

My brother drew a ram tag for the same unit S44 I did two years ago, his son last year, and our father last year. He spent the last 6 weekends scouting for rams never finding a legal one inside the unit. Opening morning we find a solid 5/8-3/4 curl ram just in the unit. Reading his rings he looked to be about 8-9. My brother closed the distance while my brother-in-law and I videoed and watched for the next 55min. He crossed down a boulder field to about 100yds uphill- ram had bedded down facing away from him. One shot with the 300win mag 185berger and the deal was done. He was very happy to say the least. It was an awesome thing to watch as well!

59708img1357.jpg

Cheers- Dave

Looks good to me. Post up the other rams so we can see the whole collection.
Makes me that more excited for my Nevada sheep hunt in November.

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

That's a pretty incredible genealogy of sheep hunting right there!
A family of bighorn success. Congratulations to the whole clan and thanks for sharing dds!

great hunting story for the family....

did I read your opening right?....were there 4 tags drawn??

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Congrats to your bro. Good times it appears.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

Yes- my father had a tag last year as well. His goals were not entirely about harvesting, but about having a good hunt. Being 79 and at 11k feet wore him out, then the snow came in. He saw two rams for a couple of moments but didn't have an opportunity to shoot. He enjoyed the time with his family and friends- he's a lucky guy- drew a cow moose tag this year in Walden.

Cheers- Dave

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom