Tikka?

N

NV4Life

What do you guys think about the plastic magazine and trigger guard? I am in the market for a new rifle and I'm not sure what I want and the price of the Tikka sparked my interest. I know some of you on here have them and any info would be appreciated.

Firstly, I really like the Tikka rifles. All the ones I have seen shoot, shot very well.
A great value in hunting rifles, to be sure.

I HATE the plastic mag and trigger guard, but I wouldn't let that keep me from buying the weapon.

I have so far bought 3 tikka's, a ss/syn 7mag,.270 hunter and a 7mm-08 ss/syn. I am also very happy with them.At times the plastic may make you wonder, but mine have seen a lot of use and not let me down yet. Last weekend on a cold,wet Mn. deer opener my son dropped his tikka mag. 15' down his ladder stand hitting the last rung. Not a mark on it.Like them tikka's.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-30-05 AT 08:09AM (MST)[p]I love my Tikka, but I hate the plastic magazine. I'm a fan of the good old - feed from the open bolt - style of reloading a rifle. I've got the .223 Rem. and when i'm out messing around practicing with the little sucker, it tends to get kind of nerve racking having to stop and take out that magazine to reload and then put it back in again! kind of makes me wonder how long it is going to take to wear out the fastening hardware between the rifle and magazine?

I own two Tikka rifles and I'm honestly not a real big fan of the plastic trigger guard or the magazine, I'd also like to be able to load the ting from the open bolt, but don't let that get in the way of your purchase. I absolutely love both guns. My wife used the T3 Hunter in .243 to take her first pronghorn (a doe) and her first deer this year. I used my T3 Lite Stainless in .300 WSM to take 4 deer this year - all were one shot kills. The guns are accurate, and tough, and at a good price.

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

i dont own a tikka so i dont know much about the durrability of the polymer trigger gaurd and magazine. what i can tell you is that these rifles are exceptionally accurate. if you didnt know tikka is owned by sako rifles, which is owned by beretta. the tikka's use the same barrels as the sako's, which means all of the tikka's have a match grade barrel. every single tikka rifle is test shot at the factory, and if the rifle doesnt shoot a 5 shot group under 1" at 100 yards, it doesnt leave. the real impressive part is that the ones that dont shoot under 1" dont get worked on, they just get melted down and recycled and they just build a new rifle.

I just re-read my earlier post and it sounds like I don't really care for my Tikka. Only thing I don't like is the plastic magazine but don't get me wrong as I think the Tikka rifle is one of the best buys for the money....especially in the accuracy department. I can get 2 inch 10 shot groups with my little .223 and out of those 10 the first 3 to 5 shots are about touching!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-17-05 AT 02:29PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-17-05 AT 02:27?PM (MST)

i watched a demo at a sporting good store in alberta.....the sales guy actually threw a metal sako mag and a plastic tikka mag to the roof and let them fall .....the sako was badly damaged the tikka was undamaged ..... plastic is strong and lite though i personally prefer a floor plate i love my tikka they shoot incredibly well and are tough as nails.......
p.s. my .300 will shoot 5/8" 5 shot groups at 100yards...... best i ever had

I am geting ready to buy a Tikka. From what I understand you can not load a single round through the top?

beanman

BM, I LOAD THE CLIP IN, SLIDE THE BOLT BACK/ LOAD THE FIRST ROUND INTO THE CHAMBER. IS THAT WHAT YOU MEAN BY "TOP"?? WORKS WELL, YD.

Yeah,

I had a senior moment and I could'nt come up with the 'chamber'. That's what I was wondering. i thought I had heard thAT you couldn't slide one into the chamber with the tikka. something about low clearance..

Thanks,

BM

I have a t3 lite 270WSM and I load through the slot all the time, It's not as easy as a m70 or 700 but it's not that tough.

Koyote

I love my Tikka. I own a T3 Lite Stainless 300WSM. I have two 1-shot kills (one deer and one elk) under its belt now and decided that's the only rifle that comes out of the gun cabinet during hunting season. It's a pleasure to pack since it only weighs around 7lbs field equip'd. It fits very comfortably when shooting and has reasonable recoil which I would compare to that of a 30-06. The accuracy is amazing for a rifle in their price range. When testing different handloads in the 150 thru 180 gr bullets, I seldom ever got any groups over 1 1/2" no matter what load. I can't say that about my Browning stainless Stalker since it takes several loads to find one that shoots under 1 1/2". And I paid alot more for it than I paid for the Tikka. I did have one mishap with the Tikka that didn't impress me. I blew a primer at the shooting bench one day which broke the plastic bolt shroud off the back of the bolt. After contacting Beretta, I recieved a new bolt shroud free of charge about 6 months later. Aside from the plastic parts that others have already mentioned, I am very satified with my Tikka and would recommend them to anyone. They are very affordable and sell new for about $520(at least around here). That includes scope rings and fully adjustable custom like trigger. They are the best deal going for good shooting rifle.

I love my Tikka.I have a T3 lite in .270 WSM.At first I was leary of the magazine,but only cause I prefer a floor plate.It is however one of the smoothest actions I have ever layed my paws on.My tikka is pretty accurate,while developing a load I was playing with two types of powder and they both gave groups under 1/2" @ 100 yards.

10D007.jpg

10D006.jpg

beavis.gif

Bucksnort, I have the same gun as you. I have had great luck with mine as well. It has shot several groups like the ones you have. Mine were using RL22 powder shooting Barnes TSX and seirra 130gr. bullets. I think the RL22 produces better velocities and still shoots great. Out of all my rifles this one is near the top.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom