Tines up or Tines down?

bonepicker

Very Active Member
Do you guys find most of your antlers tines up or tines down? And have you noticed any patterns?

Last year I found around half of my fresh antlers tines down and this year almost all of the whites I have found from last year have been tines down. This year though, every single brownie has been tines up.

Generally I find about 75% of my antlers tines up, last year was just noticeably different. Have you guys noticed any patterns like this in your areas or is it just a fluke for me?

Just for fun, here's a picture of a one year old 170"+ inch set from last weekend I found under the same tree. (one up, one down) Not much better than finding a set. (of any size)
3576ebay_064.jpg

Seems like I find a greater percentage being tines up for sure. However, at least 90% of the sets I have (deer or elk) that I can think of has had 1 horn tines up and 1 horn tines down, especially the ones that are found in close proximity to each other.

Teats Up!

Teats Down!

There's a 50/50 chance!:D

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Interesting! Most of my sets that I've found next to each other or very close are one up, one down also. I never thought about that before. 90% is about right, I can only think of two close sets that I've found with both in the same direction. And I've probably come across 20-30 close sets.

I find most of my elk sheds tines up. Like 70% tines up 30% tines down. I dont find much deer but I did find two really great deer sheds this year. One tines up one tines down.

50/50 on the muleys. 70/30 tines up on the whitetail. I have more issues with consistantly picking up all left sides in a day in certain areas, then throughout the rest of the shedding season, picking up scattered right sides. This seems to happen every year........?

End of the world today, my wife's not interested. Guess I'm going to leave this world "tines up".

Seems to me like I pick up more tines up brownies simply because they are easier to see than the tines down. When they turn white it is easier to see them no matter how they are. Funny how many a guy can miss, only to find it the next year right where your sure you have been.
Dan

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom