Tire chains

NVMDF

Wondering if tire chains will fit my 09 ford 1 ton, and whats the best way to cut chains down to fit it, I travel a lot and see them lost on the roads from truckers, can I cut them down to fit?

Thanks,

NVMDF

I've got a set that I made from the ones of my old 2 ton work truck. Couldn't really explain the method it's more of a trial and error deal. And they work great.

TICK
TALL, WIDE, AND HANDSOME

Yes You can!

I've built many sets & I like aggressive!

Kind of a pain,but I like doubling the cross links up when making pick-up chains out of big truck chains!

Then I weld the crosslinks on the ends so when I get ripping & Tearing they hang together!

I've pulled 2 Rigs back off the Mountain this winter & had to chain all 4 tires up to get em out,one was about 6 miles & one was about 8 miles,yes my Truck got a work out!

Without the Heavier chains I don't think I could'a done it!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!
And a good BBQ!
I am Medicine And I am Poison!

BBop, do you think my little pisscutter motor would pull big boy chains?}>

Eel

it's not a 40 incher but it's closer than the last 40 incher you posted....

JB

Not a chance Eel!:D

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!
And a good BBQ!
I am Medicine And I am Poison!

Sounds like a beer drinkin day at the shop. I will pick up a set tomorrow, there's a spot where the Red Dot's just pull over when they leave the mine and cut the rubbers and and unhook them and drive away. I would do the same if I had to do it in flip-flops.

Thanks guys,

NVMDF

"Red Dot's"......lmmfao

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Dang B-Bop you just gave me the itch to build a set and double them up like that... Never thought of it to tell ya the truth. Probably be able to go like hell on the other hand sounds like a perfect recipe to break some U-joints and jack up some drive terrain.. But I better try it..

Bolt cutters, Welder and a torch and a good tape and you can do up a nice set.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom