To Crazyaboutcoues

B

bullseye

Crazy

I will be Hunting Coues on the Opener in unit 27 on Dec 7th.

Plan on Hunting Skeleton Canyon.

Any tips you can give me would be appreciated

Thanks BILL

You lucky dog. I've been triing to get my son a tag in that unit for the last couple of years.

To tell you the god honest truth I haven't been in that unit in years. I haven't had a reason to go down there. Vinny can probably help you more than I could. I was set on going down there to scout for a client. But for some reason he decided that he wanted a guide.

U LUCKY TOO...

HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET THAT TAG TOO..SKELTON CANYON IS A GOOD PLACE TO START...AND TRY GO TO THE AREA NAME GERONIMO CANYON..IF U GO FROM ARIZONA...GO TO RODEO IN NM AND GET OFF TO APACHE TOWN IN ARIZONA TO GET IN THAT AREA....AND PELONCILLO MTS...GLASSES ON THE WEST SIDE OF ROAD....THERE ARE LOTS OF COUES....ON THE TOP AND ON THE LOWER...LOTS OF MULEY...SO IF NEED ANY MORE QUESTION..SHOOT ME AN E-MAIL...WISH U GOOD LUCK...

VINIHUNT

Well we hunted all day Saturday and only saw three Mule Deer Does and three Coues Does. The Lions had been working the area we Hunted and it was pretty dry. My buddy saw the Deer, I saw nothing.

Saw only two other Hunters Saturday , both on four wheelers, but they did not disturb our Hunt as they went one direction and we went the other. One of the other Hunters found a Coues Head and skull that I estimate was about 70 inches, also found a Coues Doe skull. Both about 3 or 4 months old. Obvious Lion kills

Took a drive Saturday late South on 338 out of Animas to the road that cuts throuh the Coronado National Forest to Douglas AZ.

Saw one Coues Doe run across the Road,glassed until dark but no Bucks, got back to Lordsburg late Saturday night.

We elected to go back to the same place Sunday Morning and pull a drive that we felt would produce a Buck.

Ended up walking our Buts off and glassing until our eyeballs hurt, no Bucks.

No Deer, but probably one of the most satisfying hunting trips I have been on in a long time. The feeling of excitment with each step.., not knowing what was going to Jump or show themselves coming out of the Canyon was great.

Hunted until 3 or so on Sunday and then started the long Drive back to Albuquerque. Buddies had to be back to work on Monday.

Today am still feeling Muscles that I did not know I had in my legs, but with every pain, the memories of this Hunt return and also reminds me of why I love this sport so much.
I will be back next year!!

BILL

Its nice to hear your perspective despite not seeing/shooting a buck. Appreciation for the rest of what happens on a hunt is important to me as well..... Allen Taylor......

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom