Tooth Data - Unavailable

highcountryfever

Well I did what I was supposed to after my LE hunt last year. I filled out the MANDATORY survey, let the teeth sit out for at least one week, then the first of Nov. sent the teeth in for their data.

I finally called today to try to find out if the results were in so I could find out how old my deer was. They said that my tooth was received AFTER Nov. 24, so it was not processed and they would not use my information for the harvest reports.

Two things get to me about this. 1 - How is it that it takes over 3 weeks to get from my house to the DWR office? it's not like I had to "slow boat" it to some 3rd world country. 2 - If it is MANDATORY to fill out the survey and send your tooth in, why are they telling me that the tooth was late, so we are not using your information.

Hows that for keeping accurate counts and records for each of the units? I guess if there is one less harvested deer recorded then they can issue one more tag next year. Makes you wonder how often this happens.

But they will send me my tooth back. Wahoo! What the hell will I do with 2 front teeth from a dead buck?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-28-10 AT 12:19PM (MST)[p]My antelope from last year is posted on my harvest survey (6). And my reward bookcliffs buck tag is on the harvest survey from 2008 (5). I almost forgot to do both and didn't send them in until around the 15th of nov. Story sounds like bs to me! Watch your harvest survey it might show up there.

NO GUTS, NO STORY!!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

>Good to see you are participating
>in your declared holiday: "month
>of April as the official
>##### and Moan month."

Damn straight I am participating. I am mad, but more surprised that they would just throw out my data from the harvest surveys. How to they get an accurate account if this is common practice?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom