Top 3 Deer Hunts/Units in Idaho?

1. Unit 69
2. Unit 58
3. Unit 67

That ain't a camel toe, that's a moose knuckle!

Unit 69 is one of the hardest hit general areas in Idaho. With only 10 tags on the draw, and everything being weather dependent, it is not one of the best units in Idaho. Same goes with 67. I would be surprised if more than one or two Boone and Crockett bucks have been killed in 58 in the last 20 years. No way do these units qualify as "the best in the state".

1) 39
2) 32
3) 43

These must be the best units. Its where all the people go hunting. You can find decent bucks and get a months worth of entertainment watching all the people. It can be fun to sit on top of a peak and watch the stream of head lights coming up the mountain 20 mins before light.

The odds say these are the most sought after tags in the state.

For every person the answer is different. Probably whichever unit you know the best and has a late or early controlled hunt.

That ain't a camel toe, that's a moose knuckle!

LAST EDITED ON May-16-12 AT 12:23PM (MST)[p]1) unit 45 1980's
2) unit 31 late hunt
3) unit 23 general tag (my honey hole pre wolf)

I've spent alot of time in 23 for the last 3 years, backpacking and elk hunting and haven't seen much for deer? I have seen alot of wolves though! How long have they been in that unit?

JMagee84, The first Wolf track I saw in there was 1999. Didn't see much sign for the next few years. We killed bulls and bucks every year till 2004. I have only been back a couple of times since. I do fly it every year and see a few but not enough to draw me back as my only hunt like I used to do. My son killed a 5x6 Bull two years ago. I hope with the wolf tags out there that it will come back. There is plenty of great habitat. Have you had any luck with the elk?

6916ethan_2010.jpg

Here is the 2010 Bull.

I did't elk hunt there last year, but the two years previous I hunted by myself and got into alot of bulls during the archery season. By the time I had a shot at a good bull I was way to far in to get the meat out without it spoiling. I had talked to a friend of mine who hunts 22 every year with about 5 or 6 guys. They usually all kill bulls or get shots, but he told me that last fall they didn't even see an elk. Just wolf tracks and wolves. I'd like to see some of the bucks that you've taken out of 23 when it used to be good?

6520deer_mount.jpg

This one was killed in 1996 by my oldest Son when he was 14. It is hanging in my shop at work so I could get a picture of it. I don't have any others digital.

2140elk_wall.jpg

The first one is from Oregon but the next 4 are from Idaho.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom