Trad Guys?

N

Negissimo

Hey just wondering if there was any fellow trad hunters out there? If so, whatchya shootin?

I shoot a couple of longbows, 45# & 55#, that a friend made for me. I use cedar arrows that I spend too much time staining and painting just to break them on the rocks they are attracted to. A Mathews LX also finds the bowhand as I find both longbow and compound enjoyable to shoot.

51 LB BLACK WIDOW WITH GOLD TIP TRADITIONAL XT 5575 WOOD GRAIN ARROWS AND A 125 GR GRIZZLY BROADHEAD.MY TOTAL ARROW WEIGHT IS @590 GRNS SHOOTING 190 FPS. EFFECTIVE YARDAGE (25 YRDS)30 ON A GOOD DAY!

Not sure why I didn't put what I use on my original post. But here goes.. Chastain recurve for now, I also have a longbow from Tom Kelly in Ft Collins, CO. Love them both!

As for arrows I love shootin' woodies the most but I also have some carbons, mount them with STOS or Grizzleys.

I met a guy that just got into building bows so he built a custom zebrawood 68" 55# longbow at cost. I shoot good old custom cedar arrows tipped with 160 grain 2 blade Magnus broadheads.

It's funny how many looks I get when shooting at the range. The most frequently asked question is: "How do you shoot that thing without sights and a release?" I just tell them. "You wouldn't understand. It's pretty complicated!"

Wilecoyote76

I shoot a Great Plains TD recurve 57 @ 28". With good ole XX75 & Magnus broadheads.

When I'm not hunting with my compound, I'm usually carrying my custom Brackenbury Legend Recurve. I shoot SuperCedar shafts and a combination of Zwickey & Magnus heads. I love hunting hogs and blacktails with it.

BOHNTR )))------------>

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom