Traditional vs. Inline

muleymaniac81

I'm thinking of buying a front-stuffer. I plan to hunt here, Oklahoma (where there are no restrictions as to optics or bullets), and in Colorado for muleys. Since CO requires open sights and non-sabot bullets, would I gain much from an inline vs a traditional muzzleloader? I know most traditional guns are 1-in-48 or 1-in-66 twist which pretty much require conicals and round balls, respectively. I have been looking at a Lyman Great Plains rifle with the 1-in-32 twist. This seems to me like it would shoot PowerBelts as well as conicals. If I remember correctly, New Mexico requires non-belted and non-saboted in the Restricted Muzzleloader season. So, would I be better off with a Great Plains rifle to hunt in 3 states or an inline to mount a scope on for OK and NM general muzzy season and simply pull the optics for Co? Thanks for your help, as I have been pondering this for about a year now.
Thanks again,
MM81

If it were me I would set up a rifle with a peep sight on it for CO and use another rifle with a scope for the other hunts.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom