Trail Camera Question

GoatT

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-16 AT 02:00PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-16 AT 01:19?PM (MST)

I currently have a few Bushnell 8MP cameras and am looking to upgrade this year and I want to go with a camera that will send me pictures to my phone so I don't have to go up as often to check cards and what's on them. If I can get a camera that I can monitor what is coming in, then I can go switch cards on the ones that have very little to no activity as opposed to going and checking every single camera.

Does anyone use trail cameras that will send/email you pictures once they are taken on your camera? If so, what brand(s) do you like/dislike and is it worth it to buy those, which I know are more expensive, or buy three or four of the regular brands and just hike in and check each every couple weeks? I know of a few brands (Covert, HCO, Spypoint, etc.)

What about card readers? Does anyone use portable card readers that you can hook up to your phone? I hate packing my laptop with me each time cause I can see better than on my little digital camera. Anyone use one compatible with Iphone? Helps to save some weight in my pack. Also allows me to pack that rather my laptop even while hunting.

BTW - I have and Iphone 5S through Verizon and looking for a trail camera that will support that network and a reader that is great for an Iphone.

Thanks

youll have to add a line to your phone plan and i think most support at&t. youll have to make sure your camera is in a location where it will have service to send and recieve pics and data. as far as card readers go, i have one made by darko innovations that i really like with my iphone
www.shanescottoutfitting.com

Bunch of voyeurs. Nothing like catching a grown man taking a duke in the woods. Time for a high country camera tune up before this gets any further out of hand.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I have used HCO and Covert. They are essentially the same camera, although each year they try to out compete each other and one could be better than the other at this point. I liked both of them but I liked HCO the best. As of about 2 years ago, you could only use At&t or Sprint. It is something to do with the type of system their networks use. I would look at getting one to which you can attach a long range antenna. They do help. You can even run one up a tree and attach it.

I mostly used them out east in whitetail country and found them very useful. I could keep track of which of my stands had buck activity without having to go into the location to get a card.

Good luck

I want one of those newfangled drone delivery machines with gps so I can just plug in my gps coordinates and deliver and set up my cameras for me. It'll be awesome, I'll never have to leave my office except to shoot the buck that my drone delivered trail cam just took a picture of. Let me know where I can get one of these for the best price. Thanks in advance!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom