Trail cameras

MountainSqwabler

What's everyone's take on trail cameras? I have used game cams before and I like the idea of them, but I hate the trashy hunter ethics anymore with guys stealing them. I know some guys use those protective boxes and log chains to prevent this, but sometimes like in Wyoming all you can attach the camera to is a T-Post.

A dupe of my post in the other thread:

Are we in a time warp??:rolleyes: Has anything of consequence changed?

This topic has been bent, spindled, stapled & otherwise mutilated about a gazillion times here over the last couple years. Heck, there are even at least three other threads currently available.

A dupe of my post in the other thread:

This topic has been bent, spindled, stapled & otherwise mutilated about a gazillion times here over the last couple years. Heck, there are even at least three other threads currently available.
A dupe of your post? Sorry didn't know that others couldn't make posts about something you've already have

A dupe of your post? Sorry didn't know that others couldn't make posts about something you've already have
No, the dupe was this from the "Baiting & Trail Cameras" thread.

No, the dupe was this from the "Baiting & Trail Cameras" thread.

Ohh ok haha my apologies

Maybe you should do like they do at a convention for comedians. When everyone comes thru the door, they are handed several pages with numbered jokes printed on them. So when one of them goes on stage to do a routine, he merely yells out a number. The audience looks at the paper, reads the joke that corresponds to the number & laughs. It saves a lot of time.

A similar idea could be used for these trail camera threads, where oodles of posts already exist. Sure would save a lot of unnecessary typing to rehash the rehash. ;)

Last edited:
I have 3 trail cameras that I never end up putting in the woods because I am afraid they will get stolen. Then all they end up doing is collecting dust in my closet. Guess I might as well get them out in the woods and take my chance. They aren't getting any pictures in the box in the closet.

I have 3 trail cameras that I never end up putting in the woods because I am afraid they will get stolen. Then all they end up doing is collecting dust in my closet. Guess I might as well get them out in the woods and take my chance. They aren't getting any pictures in the box in the closet.
I just got 5 of em a few weeks ago so i understand. I'd hate to have them five fingered, but It's what you risk I guess! Hope to get some great pictures for my up coming WY goat hunt!

first year I used them in OTC unit. worked great getting elk every day on cam and despite the 20+ people I saw first week archery in the drainage I hunted I never saw a person on my cam nor any stolen. But the elk got blown out! one cow and one 4x4 bull over the next 3 weeks across 3 cams.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom