Trailer tires?

stinky

On trailers, I have friends that swear that they use LT tires (235/85-16) and that they last longer than trailer tires do and that they have fewer blow.outs.

Anybody use trailer tires on a car/truck?
John 14:6

Heavy truck tires on a trailer is not a bad idea in most cases, but trailer tires on a truck is always a bad idea!!

2a0fcsk.gif

I Had/Have a couple Pick-Ups with 235/85/16's and They're 10 Ply's!

Guaranteed they'd Pass for Most Trailer Tires!

The Problem with Trailer Tires is when you're Dealing with 14" & 15" Rims!

F'ER's Are Expensive & JUNK & Will Rot Before You Wear them out!

PISS POOR Tread Wear as Well!

Back Me Off to 1,700 Yards,650 is a Little Close & I'm Not Comfortable with it!

A GUT SHOT at 1,700 Yards will Still Make Some Good BRAGGIN Rights so I Can Say I At Least Hit Him!

90087hankjr.jpg

We have tried just about all the brands of trailer tires, 10 ply, they all are about the same wear, and durability is crap. We have 4 Hercules Brand 10plys on our toy hauler not they wear and perform great. Made in USA, if you can find this Hercules Brand Give them a try....I get mine at a 18wheeler truck tire shop.....

Good Luck,
))))------->

If one were to use trailer tires on a vehicle it would be best practice to ensure your life insurance premiums are paid and current.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Depends on how much weight you punish them with. If it's heavy towing, you can get 16" 14 ply tires at BigO, they run $200 each out the door and there's not a 10 ply or truck tire alive that will keep up with them. I'm sure most any tire store can hook you up for around that price. I know Les Shwab has some, but my money is too hard earned to shop there.

I wish I knew where I could find decent trailer tires at any price. I haul two cords of oak in a sixteen foot trailer, and went through four tires on as many trips down the highway. These were Les Schwab Towmax, about 50%, and probably made in China. I replaced all four and also bought two spares in order finish my job. I had to buy more of the same since that was all that was available to me at the time. I am considering Goodyear 14 ply on the next go 'round.

There's No Doubt They'e Ruined Many Tires in the Last Few Years!

You Ought to see some of the Damage they've done to Our Trailers!

TOTAL BS & Most of it Related to being "Made in China" With NO QUALITY CONTROL!

90% of trailer Tires now days will show signs of Weather Checking within just a few Months!

WAFJ!

A GUT SHOT at 1,700 Yards will Still Make Some Good BRAGGIN Rights so I Can Say I At Least Hit Him!

90087hankjr.jpg

I will add a +1 to the Hercules 10 ply endorsement. I have two trailers with them and they are holding up well.

I went threw this same thing with my toy hauler last year. I was going to change my rims and go with 16 's. But after talking to my tire guy at Discount tires. He said for my driving stile. I should just stick with the Carlisle tires I had on my trailer. I had never had a flat or blowout. I was just changing them because they where 7 years old and I didn't want a flat or blowout. I went with his advice. Since my trailer has seven tires. He saved me a few bucks. Not that seven tires mounted and balanced were cheap. I guess the moral of the story is just change them before they get to old regardless of tread depth. Good luck.

I have used Carlisle tires from the get go. The first couple of years, I averaged a blowout on virtually every trip. But once I switched to metal valve stems, I've never had a blowout since. The general tire wear has been good overall.

Just put a set of 4 on my toyhauler. Goodyear Endurance. New design, but USA MADE. HOPEFULLY they out survive the China crap I've used previous.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

>Just put a set of 4
>on my toyhauler. Goodyear Endurance.
> New design, but USA
>MADE. HOPEFULLY they out
>survive the China crap I've
>used previous.
>
>
>"The only thing that stops a
>bad guy with a gun
>is a good guy with
>a gun"

Right on hoss!

Time will tell!

But wouldn't it be bad to have a Choice other than F'N Made in China F'N TRASH!

90087hankjr.jpg

Change your trailer-RV tires every 5 years and you will about do away with blow outs due to weak tires. UV light weakens the sidewalls when the trailer sits in the sunlight.
15 years ago I had a blow out on my 26 ft. RV outside of Rocksprings, WY. and a old tire man that been the business for over 30 years gave me this advice after I told him the tires were put on about 6-7 years ago and had only about 2500 miles on then at the time of the blow out.
I now cover the tires when the trailer is sitting at home and change tires every 5 years and no problems for the past 15 years.

RELH

>Change your trailer-RV tires every 5
>years and you will about
>do away with blow outs
>due to weak tires. UV
>light weakens the sidewalls when
>the trailer sits in the
>sunlight.
> 15 years ago
>I had a blow out
>on my 26 ft. RV
>outside of Rocksprings, WY. and
>a old tire man that
>been the business for over
>30 years gave me this
>advice after I told him
>the tires were put on
>about 6-7 years ago and
>had only about 2500 miles
>on then at the time
>of the blow out.
> I now cover
>the tires when the trailer
>is sitting at home and
>change tires every 5 years
>and no problems for the
>past 15 years.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> RELH

Hey RELH!

You'll be Pushin it at 5 years with all this China built/Obama Approved BS!

90087hankjr.jpg

>Maybe if lil Kim focused on
>trailer tires instead of ICBMs
>we might have something.
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

True 1911!

You can Plainly see We are gonna Pusssss out the North Korea Deal once again!

China Told us to COOL It!

90087hankjr.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom