Trapping and mountain lions

Sacott1968

My husband and I are new to trapping. We ended up catching a mountain lion kitten in a wolf foothold. We were able to release the kitten safely. The mother stayed with the kitten until we were a short distance from the trap.
My question is, will the mother lion avoid the area or will she continue to come through where the kitten was accidentally caught. Trying to determine if I should move my trapfrom that particular area. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

I'm hoping so. I did put up a trail camera over the area they were in. If they are on the camera tomorrow, I'll move them. Thank you for your input

I doubt that the kitten getting caught will make them change their travel or hunting routes. I am assuming you had some sort of bait or lure near your set IF so, that is likely what drew them in . If its a carcass they are not going to leave it !! and if there are wolf tracks by your set by all means reset it that cat scent should draw wolves in to investigate

Just a by catch. It happens to anyone trapping bait piles for wolves. Use snares and then they are easier to release lol.
What till you catch a bear or God forbid a grizzly.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom