travel thru Yellowstone

LAST EDITED ON Sep-09-10 AT 02:21PM (MST)[p]I would certainly hope so. Despite the efforts of the anti-gun /animal rights A-holes this is still America !

I THINK, am not positive but I think, that you can, however you have to stop as you go in and basically declare all your firearms and animal parts. You should be okay.

All Firearms must be cased in national parks, and as far as animal parts legal season and tag but yellowstone may have different regs?
John

I did it a few years ago after I got done deer hunting in Igaho a couple years ago. Guns are fine as long as they are in a case out of reach, and preferably locked. With meat and antler you MUST stop at the entrance and declare it. They will take your info and write it down. If you have meat/antlers you MUST proceed directly through the park WITHOUT stopping, and then check in with the rangers where you exit, as they track people with meat/antlers. Hope this helps.

The rules have changed with guns in the park. As of Feb. 2010 national parks have to follow the laws of the State they are in. So for yellowstone that means wyoming and a little of montana and Idaho. You don't have to declare guns or have them locked. In fact you can openly carry them around if you want.

I killed a buck on the opposite side of Zion National Park a couple of years ago. We put the deer on the back of our trailer and drove back through the park to get back home. We passed a Park Ranger who had someone pulled over. When he glanced up and seen the deer as we passed, he threw everything down, jumped in his car and pulled us over. He was pretty worked up. We told him where we killed the deer, showed him our licenses and he reluctanly let us go. LOL! We've been pulled over a couple times by Park Rangers and they have been total A-HOLES! Especially about weapons. Just keep that in mind. :)

That does sum up most park ranger's attitudes pretty well. You can pretty much imagine the worst "cop" stereotype and then it's worse for the parkies.

This is true and changes things quite a bit. You can access some hunting areas now through national parks. At least that is how I interpret the rules. You might not be able to bring your game back the same way, but it could make the trip in shorter...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom