Treestand Info

scopenstalk

On the Instructions it says you shouldnt get into a treestand that has been up for more than two weeks because the tree could grow and cause a lot of extra pressure on the strap holding a fixed position tree stand and when you get in it could break. Have you guys had any experiences with this do you guys just readjust the strap on the stand every two weeks or just not worry about it?

I usually hang my treestands a few weeks before our bow season opens which usually puts them in the trees 1st part of Sept. I don't take them down until rifle season closes in Dec. I don't adjust or re-strap during this time and I've never had any problems.

I do always put an extra ratchet strap on all of mine in addition to whatever straps it came with just for more peace of mind.

If your not already, wear a saftey belt!

"Now we come to the most important pre-season question. Do you just want to go elk hunting, or do you want to bring one back? If you desire the latter, there is no substitute for hard work. The bigger your goal, the harder the work required to get there. Good luck!" - Cameron R. Hanes

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom