Trespass Fee For Antelope

Snuffy

I am sure this has came up before, but I could not find anything in past post. What would you consider a fair fee in a non trophy area with left over tag's and mainly private land.

Snuffy, Last season, i asked two different land owners for permission to hunt. Though there was quite a bit of public, there was some private mixed in plus we had to cross private to access public in places so, i thought it best to ask before we started hunting and glad i did.

One landowner wanted $10., the other said it was free and thanked us for asking. Not sure if this is typical for all of Wy, can't be probably, but that's how we found it! Good luck!

Joey

Some of the land owners I talked to a year ago about access if we drew tags said that if we had Doe Antelope tags..no charge as they want them all done away with. Bucks were about 100-200 depending on who you talked with and the size of their ranch.
Brian

345brfc.jpg

Most of the ranchers I've ever talked to over the past 18 years in WY have not cared or even charged a trespass fee as long as the land was respected, gates were closed behind them, cattle weren't shot. Be polite, ask for permission, offer something that the area you come from produces. Offer something of goodwill and they'll invite you back. When we go out, we bring avacados, pinto beans, a case of different wines. For most of the ranchers out there, that's better than money...

Steve

+1 to the comments above. $200 would be top end for an Antelope tresspass fee in Wyoming.

The people I met in WY during my first hunt there last season were some of the nicest folks I've ever met. I archery hunted a leftover tag unit and just stopped by a ranchers house to ask about some of the public ground bordering his and was invited to hunt their ranch. I had a blast and killed my first antelope the second day hunting the ranch.

Thanks for the info 200.00 tops sounds fair. Last year I paid 400.00, but I took a 15-3/4" buck and they invited me to come back in Nov, for a cow elk free of charge which I did so I think it evened out. Now that they know me and how I hunt maybe I can get them to come down a little on the antelope price. But I am not going to complain if they don't, if I can take a cow elk too. Thak's for your input.
Rick

How does a guy go about finding a property that is willing to allow hunting for trespass fee's without physically going out to the rancher or property. Primarily Im looking for property in unit 47?

You will need to contact either the local Chamber of Commerce for the county you want to hunt in and/or maybe F&G Office if the CofC does not have the info. You won't find it "Online" so either of these two offices and a phone call would be that last straw to try for the info.
Brian

345brfc.jpg

Thanks for the info. I did get a list from F&G several years back and had a bad experience with that. F&G hadnt updated the list in several years, so some of the ranchers where upset that they where still being called from the list after that had asked F&G not to give there numbers out.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom