Trinity alps migration

hntnfsh67

Question for all you Alps hunters. Have the bulk of the deer moved down yet? It seems with all the warm weather they would stay high, but with all the acorns down it seems the food would be lower. Not to mention the pressure up high. What are your thoughts, have the bulk of the deer moved down yet?
Thanks for your replies.

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

Matt, I'll let you know Monday.:)

That's actually a good question. With the acorns down I'm sure some have moved down, or are moving down.

Eel

Kyle,

We had our little girl, Maya, on the 23rd of sept. Both her and her mom are doing well. Awesome experience, glad to finally be part of the club!

Hunting was not very good for me. Was on the east side of the lake the last three days and nothing worth pulling the trigger on. How about you?

Matt
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

LAST EDITED ON Oct-27-08 AT 09:48AM (MST)[p]Just about the same, seen a few nothing more than forkies untill Sat night pulled the trigger on a 3x3 but must of pulled the shot. My dad was there he said I hit over him at 345y I dont know how that happens LOL. Tag soup again.

PS Congrats on your baby girl :)

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

Sounds like my weekend.

Thanks for the congrats. She went road hunting at 2 weeks! Girl has more camo than I do already. Tell you what.....getting divorced was the best thing I ever did....not the cheapest but by far the best.

You going out of state at all. I passed on CO for the first time in years to be close to the house. But I have a nice trailer that sleeps three on my wish list for next year. Maya will do her first out of state hunting trip by age 1. hehehehe

Matt
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

Yeah Im going to MT at the end of Nov. didnt draw but going to the father-in-laws for Thanksgiving. Between him and the brother in law got something like 5 deer tags and two elk tags.If I cant get a deer tag over the counter I guess Ill just shoot yots lol.

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

LAST EDITED ON Oct-28-08 AT 06:17PM (MST)[p]Kyle, if you can't get a tag you can be a "guide and packer". There are never enough meat packers!

Edit: your career could really take a jump if you brought some elk meat home, if you get my drift.:)

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom