Tripod for Spotter

LL

What are some good tripods for a spotting scope? Now that I own a good scope I have discovered that the cheap tripods don't cut it.

how do you plan to use the tripod? Standing next to your truck, in a backpack? If youre going to use it and have a vehicle I'd say a 3021 bogen of ebay would work great. Whatever you do, limit the amount of distance you raise the center post, or dont raise it at all, this goes with any tripod.

Whatcha going to do about a tripod head?

Ok, I looked at that one and like it. I also liked the 3130 head. What do you think about that one? I will mostly use this from a vehicle or from an ATV but It does not look so heavy that I would be afraid of packing it somewhere.

That would be an awesome addition, fluid heads are great. I would have issue with it, I dont know what they put in them for fluid, but I'd check the freezing temp. maybe it's oil, I dont really know, but check out how they function in extreme cold. . .

"Roadless areas, in general, represent some of the best fish and wildlife habitat on public lands. The bad news is that there is nothing positive about a road where fish and wildlife habitat are concerned -- absolutely nothing." (B&C Professor, Jack Ward Thomas, Fair Chase, Fall 2005, p.10).

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom