Trophy Deer Guide, 13B

Steve Cheveront is a good source to start with. He knows all the guides and knows the strip better than his own house.

Gun control is a good aim and a steady rest

There are several quality guides for that unit.....I can comment specifically on Kory Bundy from "At First Light Guide Service", as I used them for my first and only semi-guided archery hunt in 2008. I was extremely impressed......and as a result, have become friends with them.

Honest, VERY ethical, and hardworking folks who know that country extremely well.

http://www.atfirstlightguides.com/

BOHNTR )))---------->

Marvin James. Hunted with him last year. Stan, Davy and Steve are top notch. They know the strip and want you to have a good hunt a kill a big buck. I'll be back.

Guys;

You all know I don't kill animals anymore, and am not a guide.

The guides mentioned were some of the best.

My list of good, better, best would be this.

just good= no one I would care to mention

These guys are very good, but I have no personel experience with them.

1. FIRST LIGHT GUIDE SERVICE
good/ fair price
honest
work there butts off to get you a great buck!

2. I know Alvie Johnson, personally for many years
Alvie Johnson, Fredonia, Az,
could be the very best tracker, ever!
works his fingers to the bone , to get you a great buck.
( pisssssssssed! he runs the road grader for the county in 13A/13B ) Very good man, and a friend of mine.
Alvies number--1-928-643-7622

3. Matt Schimberg/ Trophy Guiding and scouting service
He and his partner Brian, formerally worked for Chad Smith
of Vaquero Outfitters.
If you want to see what these guys can and will do, look on page 30 of the current Muley Crazy Magazine.
I think his prices are $700.00 per day plus a 10% tip , optional.
Matt and Brian hunt this way, 1 guide , 1 hunter, period!
call him, and see if what I said is true, my mind wanders sometime, tell him I said call, but he may already be booked.
Home-520-885-8557 , cell- 928-713-9575. ps, his beautiful wife will answer the phone, and boy let me tell you , she is a real sweetie, with a brand new baby girl!

The very best, period!
Vaquero Outfitters
Chad Smith
928-771-8153 home
928-713-7981 cell
the best guides work for Chad Smith,period!
his cook " Trina " is a cowboy since she was born, and her food is out of this world.
he charges about $7500-$8,000 per hunt, plus 10% tip, optional.
His list of maganificiant trophys he has taken, speaks for itself.
Hire Chad Smith, and if you shoot well, and can hike, he will make your dreams come true.
I have camped with Chad and his very professional crew, for the last 5 seasons. He is the very best.

Remember, I am not a guide, I do NOT work for any of the people I have mentioned, or do I get and referal fee, or anything from them for my help, except a " thank you " softly spoken.

The prices go form low to high,BUT the quality of the guiding and the effort doesn't change, they all work their respective BUTTS OFF for you.

If you want to scout or just see the famous 13B call me , I will be working on my survey, and will put you in the right direction. NO, I repeat no information on big bucks will be devulged for any reason, or amount of money, by me, I gave my word!

My next trip will be the middle of August for 3 weeks.

Steve Cheuvront 480-994-4029

I keep seeing your posts saying you don't shoot things anymore....curiosity finally got the best of me so thought I'd ask why?

Clay Bundy grew up on the strip on a saddle all the Bundy's are cowboys and know the strip end to end.Alvy is a great guide and a great person has been the blade guy up there for the county for many years.You will not be dissapointed with either of the great guides.

sremim;

I promised a dying friend, a better man than me, I would never

again, kill an other living thing. 1970

subject closed.

S.

Another guide that hasn't been mentioned is Brec Bundy of MDA Outfitters. He is as knowledgeable about the AZ Strip as any other guide and has been very successful. You may want to check out his website.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-18-10 AT 10:19PM (MST)[p]r2giant;

VERY true.

Brec Bundy, I have heard is very good.

I have never met the man, nor any of his clients.

I believe he hunts 1 on 1 and is a nut about scouting.

I did not recommend him or the other good guides because I don't know them personally.

I would not recommend any one if I don't have a several year history with them. That doesn't mean they aren't good, it just means when I recommend someone I know their reputation, first
hand.

I have developed a reputation on monster muleys as a guy who tells the truth as I see it, others may disagree, but I tell the truth and when I say it , people have come to trust my word.

I would never say or do anything that would tarnish that for any amount of money, period. Some of you may totally disagree with every thing I say and do, but you know I am straight forward and call a spade a spade.

Remember, if you bow hunters need a hand or you rifle hunters need a hand, I will be on the strip, 13B, at poverty corner from August 18, 2010 thru the 13B bow hunt, ( 3 weeks )

Give me a call, Steve Cheuvront-
480-994-4029---home
602-373-8637---cell
163-253-3551--- sat phone

Tweedmadsen;

TRUE < TRUE < TRUE

Clay Bundy, his brothers, Bill Bundy, ans Barry Bundy are all
first rate.
They were born, I think, on the strip only a quarter mile East of the Bundy Ville School House.
Clay Bundys father still lives there full time, and is the only full time resident of 13B that I know of.
Clays father was guiding his whole life, and the sons were taught by the master, himself.
Clay guides, Mule deer, Antelope, and big horn sheep.

Steve Cheuvront

Cheuvront:

After being contacted by a fellow MM who suggested I read your post about guides here, I read with amusement how you "Rate" guides on the Strip.

Steve, as far as I know, you've never been out on an actual hunt as part of a team with clients with ANY of those that you have mentioned above,right?

Steve, you're not a guide, you camp at Poverty with Chad his crew, and other than hearing about the exploits about all of the folks you've mentioned, and many you didn't mention, and maybe seeing a few photos that are posted by others of deer taken up there, you really don't know what each of these outfits are all about.

I really laughed when I read your comment about Clay Bundy. Didn't you tell me the day before yesterday about your personal issues with Mr. Bundy over an incident with a DIY hunter out on Whitmore? Or am I just making that up?

Seems like you're talking out of both sides of your mouth, my friend.... If you're gonna suck up to folks in print, then don't speak poorly of them in private...

Now you come on here and act like you are an authority on Strip guides and unfortunately, some on here might actually think you know what you're talking about! Hunters might be better served to contact the wildlife management agencies and other sportsmen who have hunted with the guides mentioned and not mentioned to seek out their opinions on the merits of each.

I could care less about Arizona Wildlife Outfitters being on your good-better or best guide list, and everyone surely has a right their opinion. I know you've never been on a Strip hunt with me, never interviewed any past clients, so I've got to wonder how accurate your "rating" system really is?

One thing a sportsman should look at is just how long has a guide been in business. If you're no good at what you do, then you won't stay in the outfitter/guide business very long. Just for the record, AWO has been in the guide/outfitter business since 1987 and I'm proud to say we've taken some great bucks on the Strip over the years.

Steve, you would be much better off to keep trying to convince everyone to donate money to your "study", which is really nothing more than a very unscientific inventory that isn't endorsed by any agency, and find Bickford a big buck for his upcoming hunt and let it go at that!

Steve, believe it or not I like you, you are a character for sure.

But when you start writing things about folks whose living is affected directly or indirectly by your dribble, then my friend, be very careful!

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and on MM everyone seems to have an opinion, keep on posting.

I hunted with Clay Bundy in 13b back in 2008. I was so impressed with him and his abilities that I went back in November of 2009 when my dad drew a tag. We had a great time and were each able to take spectacular deer. My dad and I felt like we were hunting with a friend. I can give him my highest recommendation without reservation.

Hell, if I had a Strip tag, I'd probably hire old Ted Riggs. Cant say anything negative about him except that he exposed the Strip for what it is.

Don, You state that you dont care if AWO is on the guide list if you truly didnt care why did you bring it up and ramble on.If AWO is as good as you think they are then you wont have any problems booking clients.

Mom,

Even Obama?

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-10 AT 11:04PM (MST)[p]Tony;

Listen you sob, a guy can only take so much!

ya you can bad mouth obama and madglasser, if ya want to.

Your Mother

S.

Guys;

Listen, if you are even concidering a guided hunt on the rifle 13A or 13 B.

Please contact the guide of your choice, or ask your friends, or contact the AZG&FD, for a recomendation.

The better guides are filling up fast, and even the new guides are booking up.

Soooo quite screwing around, and make the call, and leave my name out of it, please.

I am not going to recomend sh!t from now on, period!

Do your own damn research, but get it done quick, got it!

Kiss the Whales, take a child to church, give a homeless person a job, yea yea yea, just do it.

Steve Cheuvront

Steve, what if the Homeless dude wants to get paid first before he starts? hehe

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom