Truckbed rack for ATV

Wiszard

Long Time Member
Do any of you use an elevated truck bed rack to haul your ATV on so you can still utilize the bed space? If so, any advice on what your experiences have been with them? Thanks.

Steve

M'Balz Es Hari

I used one for years. Much better option that dragging a trailer around. I could put quite a lot of gear under mine. Space was never an issue. Getting to things was a challenge sometimes if they were towards the front of the bed.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Thanks guys...I need to be able to haul the ATV on/in my truck as I'll be pulling a trailer already.

M'Balz Es Hari

>Thanks guys...I need to be able
>to haul the ATV on/in
>my truck as I'll be
>pulling a trailer already.
>
>M'Balz Es Hari

JUDAS Wisz!

Put a Hitch on the camp trailer Bumper so you can hook your ATV Trailer on to it!

I Pull a Wiggle Wagon sometimes that's 70' Long!

Pulled it 90 MPH before on the DownHill!:D

This Story happens alot it's True!
But Ya Best Hope it don't ever happen to you!

Got one homemade. Couple of 4x4's across the front and back with two 2x12's running the length of the bed. Only issue is getting the thing up there....works great. can reach between the truck bed and under neath to get to things. just can not get anything out of the front middle with it on.

350320090920_020.jpg

Pretty slick Rocketeer. My concern would be getting it up there and making sure nothing slipped.

M'Balz Es Hari

never had any problem with anything slipping. Have been all over with it. That trip was to Wyoming from Louisiana. I have 8 foot ramps and I use the bike winch to assist getting it up and down. Still have to walk it up with and control the throttle and winch. definitely not one you want to ride up. Either that or find a ditch to back into or a hill surely makes it better

looks like you saved some money with that system. :)

Founder- I checked out the Diamond back covers. Problem is they don't publish prices on the website. Do you know what th4ey run for a shortbed, side loading cover? Just wondering. Thanks.

M'Balz Es Hari

Just Buy a Hitch Wisz!

Oh!

Did I tell you backing 2 trailers up is a Beach?:D

JFP! The trailer I pull is pop up trailer and it can't handle anything being pulled behind it. It's too light....

Mrs. Wisz bought me a pretty nice Fathers Day present....

M'Balz Es Hari

And what is that Present?

An outa town Deer Tag Maybe?:D:D:D

And don't tell me it can't handle a trailer behind the Pop-Up!

You oughta see some of the Rigs around here!:D

I Ain't Argueing that!

What was the Present?

Like I told my buddies with mine - All I needed was Granny sitting on top of the quad and I would have been the Beverly Hillbillies

The price is the drawback with the diamond back cover, I'm looking at getting one for my short bed dodge. Looking at a heavy duty (HD) with the line-x coating and side loading option threw 4-wheel parts online shipped total price about $2,100 if you give them a call they were very helpful.

Similar to that, BOHNTR...not quite as nice. :)

Hangfire- seems a bit pricy to me. I wouldn't pay that much for that. I've seen bed "inserts" for $1000. Maybe I should just put a hitch on the pop up and pull the quad behind that. :)

M'Balz Es Hari

5942image.jpg

Here's my present! 2006 750 Kawasaki brute force with 130 hours. We took it to the lake amd the kids ran the hell out of it.

or tow the quad behind the truck and tow the pop up behind the quad?

I mean if you want to be a Utard......

Eel

Wiz, what truck are you putting it on? I have one I built for snowmobiles, but would work well for ATV's. It is bombproof and probably well overbuilt but I would sell it for $700. It will fit a long bed, but I only have a short bed now.

6436sled_deck_005.jpg

9435sled_deck_002.jpg

6060sled_deck_004.jpg

>
1139quad.jpg

>
>Better?
>
>M'Balz Es Hari

I Hope the Hell you Ain't Plannin on Rippin TARDville up with that Damn Thing Wisz?:D

I pull a pop up like you're talking with my Tundra and I just load the wheeler normal and tie the tailgate up against the back tires and secure it to the hooks in the bed.

I load as much as I can in the camper before closing it up, then I utilize the remaining space in the bed with the wheeler, you can still put quite a bit of gear in there. Never had a problem.

Buy that $700 one and bring by the shop and we can cut it down to fit that shortbed, it kinda what we do.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Wiz....Buy a car trailer, remove the axle and springs from the pop up and mount it to the front of the car trailer.....then haul the quad on the back of the car trailer.

You don't have to be the best,just good
as the best,forget the rest.

Wiz, I have what you want.Factory made for long bed, 2 quads,
xlnt condition,do not know value but will sell @ fair price
for both parties.I purchased 2 used Polaris 500 & the rack
was part of the deal,have never used it because I have a
trailer.If your near Santa Maria Iam less than 100 miles
west.

Jim

That is cool.

JFP Wisz!

In a Tight Spot!

Take a piece of PlyWood/OSB & a couple Ratchet Straps...............!

Just Sayin!

I'll have a Talk with Ms Wisz,you know,Clue Her in on your next Present!:D

If you have a long box pickup get the a rack that allows you to load from the sides. That way you don't have to unhook your camper to use your ATVs.

I love my Diamond back cover. Holds up to 1600 lbs. When I had my ATV, I would load it from the side so I could open the front lid. Now I have a Ranger and it takes up the complete bed.
It comes with 12 ft ramps

I have one I built for my Dakota. It is 61 inches wide so I am not sure if it will fit a full size truck. It is 78 inches long. Even has an access door through the top to a smaller compartment. I want $400 for it. I haul my sportsman 800 on it all the time. In need of a fresh coat of paint.
8544146.jpg

7847150.jpg

6890152.jpg

get to picking.

They work well if you pull a travel-trailer, use 2 quads and need some bed space.
ALWAYS HAVE A "SPOTTER" WHEN YOU LOAD AND OFF-LOAD. Off-loading is tougher for me because of reversing down hill. A spotter's hand on the front rack and the quads will never wheelie over.

Zeke

6167imgp1942.jpg

Wow....lots of responses. Thanks guys.

Hardway- You are a true okie! Geezus....

I've got a shortbed Ford and have hauled an ATV in the bed along with hauling my trailer, smitty. But I was by myself. I'll be taking my boy and my Dad this year so I will need more space. I'll be bring twice as many coolers. Those are the items I cant fit inside the trailer when it's down.

Jim- Pm sent....

Gator- I appreciate the offer but there's got to be an easier way than to cut one to fit. :)

BESS- Stay away from my wife. You're not her type anyway. She likes a guy that DOESN'T tuck and tape his junk. :)

M'Balz Es Hari

LAST EDITED ON Jun-24-13 AT 09:51PM (MST)[p]Wiz, Mine is 61 inches wide and made to sit on the bed rails. It would work if it fit inside the rails also. It is 78 inches long so the length would fit your shortbed. It will only haul one ATV. If you have a locking tailgate every thing underneath is very secure. And with a little effort could be water and dust proof also. Measure the width of your bed and make me offer I would really like to sell it.
Anyone else interested?

bragabit- I'll check the dimensions of my truck. But, my issue would be that you live about 12 hours from me and to drive that round trip would cost me about $350. What city do you live in in Southwestern Utah? Any thoughts on how to cut that number? You heading out to Cali at all in the next few months?

Steve

M'Balz Es Hari

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom