Truth or another urban myth

A

ARTJR338WM

I was having a conversation with a friend of mine about Utah and the fact we both have been appling (unsuccessfully) for elk tags for 10yrs now, and what season and unit we applied for and might next year. I applied only for a BP for 09. He told me of a suposed loop hole in the regs that if you apply before your non-res hunting licence expires from the prvious season, you can apply and not be requierd to purchase a licence/bonis point.

I replied I strongly doubt this possable, and even if it were so, I still would buy the bonis point to keep me in the running.

I simply find it hard to immagine that the Utah DNR would not have had the on line application soft were designed so as to prevent this from happening.

So does this loop hole actually exsist or is this just more net BS/myth?

The License is good for 365 days.

So if you bought one lets say on Jan 30th you would be able to apply 2 years in a row with the same license as long as you apply before Jan 29th the following year.

My wife purchased her license on the last possible day, so next year she won't have to purchase a license to apply. She is only applying for bonus points.

a friend of mine was telling me of this "loop hole" and it makes perfect sense but....I have 12 elk points. I decided I wouldnt risk the possibilty of not getting my point. as far as utah elk goes, a one year setback in points could extend your wait a long long time.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom