TRUTH

Jagerdad

Very Active Member
I was wondering for many Years if anyone could ask this question.

This Question is: Are you Hunting or, Not Hunting Right now in October...? A TRUE GUY TO GUY QUESTION next to any Campfire...Heck, many if not most of us, do not Post (just read) and may feel awkward in saying what is, the Truth. Highly reveling on a keyboard where we never desire to show weakness, or losses due to time; we hide.

I Hope some of you with 1 Post or 100+ do say your thoughts and feeling in a Reply.

Hugs
Jagerdad :)

Oh, I'm very comfortable talking about my weaknesses and failures. I drew an archery buck tag and antelope doe tag this year.

Failed on both. My son, on the other hand, harvested his first buck in October. Redemption by proxy? I'll take it. :)

My buddy has a late season (early Nov) hunt and I'll be with him to scout and hopefully harvest a good buck. I get cabin fever easily so any reason to hit the mountains is a good enough reason for me.

I don't like hunting in October as much as Sept. Besides it can be crappy this time of year - it's 8 degrees outside right now and the wind could blow a chicken in a coke bottle. Colorado can be downright scary this time of year. I'm afraid someone will shoot my dogs. ?

My time is spent hiding and watching for pesky trespassers. I actually had a guy knock on my door one time and ask if I wouldnt mind moving my truck out of the driveway so he could get to the pasture behind the house. And I get the occasional stranger on my cameras up on the mountain.

Good luck out there.

Bluehair
Splitting my time time between the winter and summer range......
May you live long enough to cash in those preference points. Amen

October is for ducks in our house. I like big game early and late. I wouldn't turn down an October tag, just haven't applied for one in a while.

To answer my best buddy Eels question above I must say Yes and NO.

I accompanied my Wife on a Cow Elk Hunt a Friend gave me on His Colorado Ranch.

Started hunting here in Connecticut Sept. 15th. Killed a decent WT buck on the 16th. Continue to bow hunt as I have 3 more tags for bow season. Went to Wyoming for rifle opener October 1st killed an elk the first day, so back to CT.

Had a week of waterfowl Oct 12-19th killed a bunch of ducks & geese. Now it's back in a tree hunting for a good buck (8 point or better).

Got gun season in CT & NY coming up, and waterfowl opens again middle of November.

Not much October lole down south, already got the summer sausage mixed up, deer and a half will make around 70 links, ( share with family and friends), October has been good this year to me. and the rut starts late this month.

394747300939029582765541857332088512063398739968n.jpg

Tried to kill a bull at the end of Oct....now I got till the 12th of Nov to get a cow Elk..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom