tub of guts

joebuck

I weighed myself at the doctor's office the other day.I won't say how much but 236 is a lot of pounds to be packing. Are any of you guys working out in preparation for sheep season? I could use a little motivation.

joebuck-

Don't let it get you down. I don't hunt sheep, but elk and deer give me a run for my money (when I draw). I'm packing 240 pounds right now. I hit the gym almost everyday, but I do need to get back into doing my cardio everyday. It's too easy to "skip" it and next thing I know, I've skipped it for 3 weeks.

Just get back into it, the first couple of days will be the hardest, then it will get easy. But if motivation is what you're looking for...I'll help ya! What's your goal? We'll see who can get to their goal first.

Scott G.

Count my overweight butt in on this one! Well, maybe not overweight but out of shape anyway. Normally this time of year I am in great shape but I did not get near as much time to hunt this year. I am 6'4" 225 lbs and I dont even want to know what my body fat is. Let me know if you guys want to have a little contest between gentlemen. Drummond

You guys are PUNKS.......LOL>....seriously, since I turned the big 40, I have been concerned about how easily weight stays on and where it likes to stay, right in my gut. I bought a nordic track (really my wife did) and I am planning on using it a couple three times a week. Last year I swam two/three days a week and did a bike and felt that my Cardiovascular fitness was alot better. It is real hard for me to get motivated to exercise and the older I get, the steeper the hills, so hopefully I can keep the weight around 170 and increase my lung/endurance ability with the workouts. PW, HuntSonora & Joe: you three chubsters should challenge each other and I will grade the results.........winner gets to pack out my animals this year...........HOORAY......Allen Taylor......

Well boys, seems we have a joker here. I think his own insecurity in his phisical attributes...I think we need to make him pack out "OUR" animals, cause we'll be in the TOP QUALITY shape to go out in the roughest parts of the country to bag those booners.

I can handle loosing a bit of my gut, but I really want to be in enough shape to tackle those mountains...so that's my goal. If I can gain up to about 260 lbs then shed down to about 225-235, with having the strength and endurance...I'll be one lean mean hunting machine.

I think we should start a ongoing thread updating our progress...

Now I'm 245 and about 16-18% BF...my ultimate goal is 225-235 at 10% and LOTS of endurance...let's make August 15th (or about) or deadline...with weekly check ins...anyone else want to contribute or join?

Scott G.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-28-03 AT 11:40PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-28-03 AT 11:37?PM (MST)

Hey this sounds like fun! FYI I'm 6'2" and should weigh 220-225 but the weight is far less important than the cardio. All I really need is motivation. I think Feb 1st is a good start date. Of course we'll have to go on the honor system. BTW Bura you skinny bugger, I haven't dressed out at 170 since the 10th grade. What should the prize be?

OK, I want in. Looks like me and Bura are going to be in the same weight class, right now I'm about 5' 9" 170lbs. I start to work out for about a week and then just lose my motivation. Let's lay down some type of format for this thing and get started.

Rut

OK fat boys, its on! I cant wait to have you guys pack my stuff out for me! It'll be great, I'll make you fat boys burn calories. Just Kidding, we need to post some pics or something for before and after photos. Drummond

Drum...with or without shirts??? hehe

Just kidding...I'm sure we can do this! I'll take a pic tonight and load it tomorrow! I'll even get one of Bura...hehe

But let's get this thing going. We'll be able to scale mountain tops come August...

Remember, not only is exercising important, you need to eat right too. 3 squares a day...5 servings of fruit and veggies...and protein. Get plenty of rest (8 hours) and cardio at least 3 times a week. (swimming, biiking, tread mill) minimum of 20 minutes! I've already started, but Feb first is ok...that gives us 7 months until August...plenty of time, but DON'T SLACK!!!! And don't say, oh I'll do it tomorrow...cause you won't!

LET'S GET READY FOR HUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott G.

Scott, I am not sure if I am ready to see everyones man boobs! I am sure that there are probably a few unfortunate souls that need a bra for their teets. You make the call, I am not scared to show everyone my sweet farmers tan or my finely sculpted pectorals. Drummond

You guys better get DeerKing or Sniper to take those complicated pictures. They will need to use the "Panoramic" film for your butts to fit in the picture. Me and RutCrazed are in the Featherweight class compared to you guys, but we will still compete. One last question for PW. Why do you need a before and after picture????? you are ugly now and always will be........LOL...... Allen Taylor......

OK you freaks, I ain't posting half nekked pics of myself on the internet for anyone! Next thing you know I'll be on some website for body hair removal or liposuction. Or maybe some weird fetish site. More likely I'll end up with some crazed stalker like Cindy Crawford or Shania Twain.

If posting half naked pictures will make Shania or Cindy stalk me, let me at the scanner.....LOL...... Allen Taylor......

I is probabaly the mostest smartest guy on the team! I gradiated in just 8 years.

I really don't think pictures are necessary, just "on your honor" updates. But if your like Bura...you'll call me on the phone while I'm heading to the gym and say "do some extra for me...I'm going hom eand eating ice cream"....There's a real chump..er..champ!

I've already begun fellas....let's gooooooooooooooo!!!!

Scott G.

PW,
I don't think that it is fair that you have already started, I think that in order to make this a level playing field you have to stay home for the next couple of days and do nothing but eat twinkies and drink beer. I think PC has a specified plan for the drinking, you may want to contact him first. I think I might be able to exercise, run and eat right, but there is no way I am going to be able to come up with 8 hours of sleep, oh great my plan is already falling apart!

Rut

PC had perfected the curl! Lots of reps and only about 12oz. of weight. Drummond

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom