Turkey 2014 - Bezoar Ibex

bobby7321

Dates: Dec 1st - 8th
Airlines: Turkish Airlines
Rifles/Ammo: HS Precision .300 WSM. 168 gr TTSX (handloads)
Outfitter/agent: Caprinae Safaris
Guides: Sarp, Sukru

Booked this hunt shortly after returning from Tajikistan (and becoming obsessed with Ibex)

Weather was unseasonably warm and the rut wasn't in full swing like I had hoped. Made the hunting pretty tough. Saw Ibex daily, lots of females and at least a few males every day. Usually wayyy up on the skyline or close to it. Passed on a couple pretty good ones early on, holding out for something bigger (and to stretch the hunt out a bit). Got my ibex on the morning of day 6. By that time my legs and knees had had enough.

I guess this area is very good once the rut kicks in. Oh well, one of those things you have no control over. Hunted hard and was still a very fulfilling hunt. Guides were good and fun to hunt with. Stayed in a small hotel in Akseki. A semi-hot shower at the end of each day was real nice. Plus the lentil soup from the restaurant up the street always hit the spot right before crashing.

Here are a few photos and a video I put together (including kill shot).

15803489838_e5a234d64b_c.jpg

15990200512_6cec6ec0f8_c.jpg

15371258223_c8bc15a208_c.jpg

15965112646_72c548a35c_c.jpg

Link to the Video

https://vimeo.com/114383431

Everything about you post was awesome really enjoyed the pictures as well as the video. Thank you for posting . I couldn't get the www. caprinae.com link to work.

What a cool video. I especially liked the ibex in the tree. Pretty amazing stuff. Thanks for sharing!

How are you treated in Turkey? Seems it would be kind of risky being there with everything going on in that part of the world.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-21-14 AT 10:54AM (MST)[p]thanks guys.

www.caprinae.com works fine for me (although it does load slow)

as far as being in Turkey. There were no problems whatsoever. You probably wouldn't want to be walking around near the Syrian border, but besides that I do not think you'd have any problem. The big cities (like Istanbul, Antalya) are totally safe with tons of tourists everywhere. And then of course when you are in the field you only come across people from the small villages. People were very friendly and being a guest in Turkey is a very big deal. So they take pretty good care of you.

Would highly recommend the hunt for someone looking for a true mountain hunt for an amazing animal.

Amazing mountain adventure and outstanding trophy.
Those are incredibly unique and beautiful animals!
Thanks for posting. The video is awesome.

Now that's how you do a video! The story was told beautifully, without one single talking face sequence. Congratulations on a great-looking animal. And your still pic of the trophy is one of the best I've seen.

That's simply wonderful!
Thanks for sharing your awesome trophy and adventure with us.
Your photos are great too!

I spent about 5 days in Turkey on a couple occasions and have felt safe enough. My buddy and I made the observation that the culture seemed warm and friendly to visitors. Lots of history in that neck of the woods.

Thanks,
Zeke

>Now that's how you do a
>video! The story was told
>beautifully, without one single talking
>face sequence. Congratulations on a
>great-looking animal. And your still
>pic of the trophy is
>one of the best I've
>seen.

thank you guys. I'm glad you guys like the video. I try and keep them short and sweet but also cover the basics. I feel stupid talking into the camera, so I just let the video (and some text here and there) do the talking.

I have a few others on my page as well.

https://vimeo.com/bobbynaugle

thanks again.

Amazing pictures and video! That river crossing looked like fun, thanks for sharing and congrats on the awesome trophy!

Wow very impressive! Congratulations what a gorgeous animal. I really enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing! Good Job Rutnbuck

Well my brother hunted along side me, but I was the only one shooting :)
Makes for a cheaper trip that way, and we all get the same experience IMO

If I were to go again I'd go a little later in the season. Late December, early January.

Shoot me a PM if you'd like to know more details on pricing etc..

I am looking to set up a Bezoar Ibex hunt for myself for 2016.
I will PM you. Any info you have would be a great help.THANKS

Awesome adventure, story, video, and ibex! Congrats on a super hunt. I, too, would like to plan a hunt for ibex in the near future. PM sent...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom