Turkey hunt

There’s still a pile of birds in many areas, but they are definitely still in winter mode. Maybe this will get them to shut down the fall hunts for a few years and transplant problem birds instead of kill them… like we should have been doing this entire time.

They were gobbling today in Mendon they are pretty much vermin they captured several hundred a while ago and they still are covered up in birds.
Don’t see many pheasant since the turkeys exploded
Hope they give out more fall tags in the cache

I'd love to hear how the hunts are going. I thought turkeys were susceptible to winter kill, and we have had a tough winter. I don't have a LE tag and may not have time to go during general season, but I do love to chase turkeys.

The Guys With Early Mountain Tags Ain't Gonna Be Real Happy Around Here!

It Would Be Black On White If You Seen Any Though!:D

The rut’s full on down Blanding/Monticello way, which I hear is where these chickens came from. The big flocks that marched single file thru the snow are busted up and they’re feasting on the baby cheatgrass :)
1B64A82D-DB4D-431D-AA4C-ED001D3A8C8D.jpeg

The Mighty Hunter & It's Was Your First Turkey Hunt?

Glad you Got Him Niller!

I can say I know at least one very satisfied LE turkey tag holder:

Me!

This was my first time doing it and boy, that was A LOT of fun! Hat tip to the wildlife managers that made it possible.

I had help from a nephew and a very good friend that know turkeys well since I don’t know squat, but I can say I was more than satisfied and happy about my first day turkey hunting in my life. It certainly will not be my last! I wore the Kuiu just for you, Whoopi!

IMG_0828.jpeg

IMG_6605.jpeg

My bro has a central tag and all the birds are still right among the houses. I think the grass will sprout and the bugs will crawl in the next week so he should be fine... later on.

Saturday we shot rifles again instead of hiking in 2' of snow for birds that aren't there but snow's melting fast at lower elevations.

He's headed up this afternoon/evening to see if they've moved up a bit. We shall see.

Zeke

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom