Turkey Luck

crazyelk

I got lucky on Friday April 25th. I harvested a nice Merriam?s gobbler in Northern New Mexico. My favorite hunting buddies, Francisco Jr. and Santiago did not join me this morning. Even though they did not have school on this day, they decided to sleep in. I almost did the same after a long hard week of work and everything else. However, I decided to give it a try since we were having a rough time locating birds and I was longing to hear my first gobbler this spring. Good news and bad news kind of thing. Good news.....I did bag a gobbler. Bad news......no one was with me to share the memory, especially my sons. Oh well. Now my primary focus is to get a gobbler for my wife Gail and my son Francisco Jr. We did go out this last weekend, but not have any luck. We are planning to go out on Saturday, the last day for adults and at least the Saturday morning of next weeks youth only season when Francisco Jr. will try to notch his tag. Let's see what happens.

4823e4b41494cc01.jpg

4823e51415361183.jpg

CRAZYELK

beautiful bird! congrats...good luck and hope they ll be able to bag birds!

will let u know when we go to hopewell lake to do some fishin in the summer..and let us know if hopewell lake will have the fishin derby again.

Vinihunt

Good to see someone can actually nail a bird.

Skunkola for me this year, too. Saw two this morning, but they were just biding their time messing with me til the wind blew me off the mountain...weren't talking at all.

Hey francisco.Hows it going.I think i passed you by Broke-off on friday.After i passed i told the wife we should have stop to see if it was you.Was out looking for horns.We only found one near the cabin.My wifes first one.Need to stop and get some wood permits soon.Congrats on the bird.That tree looks familiar might find me in your spot next year lol.later bud

crazeymaez,
I thought it was you. I pulled over, stopped and rolled the window down to talk. You just drove by??? I wondered why you did not stop and talk. I was out doing some turkey hunter patrol and checking road conditions across the district. That tree might look familiar to you. You are always welcome to sit right next to me under that tree. Stop on by the station. We will chat then. Never did find that dead pig. Someone must have taken it. Check your PM. Later....

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom