turkey success

tooele

Went out with a friend and his son and my 7 year old boy. This was their first turkey and the first time my boy had seen a turkey hunt. I called in a double by 6:00 am and by 8:00 am had my bird down. It was an exciting hunt, first day 3 birds by 8:00 am was a record for me, lots of gobbling and strutting. Good luck with your hunts!
abeanddad.jpg

IMG]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t154/matttonioli/3arizonabirds.jpg[/IMG]

T

sweeeeet!!!!

you gotta love days like that!!! nice job on getting the kids out!!! great pictures.what did your boy think about it?? what unit??? were all three birds together?? going out with a buddy to 6a weds-thurs.going to try to "stick and string" one.
ajoe

Nice birds. You know you get more excited watching your son harvest one of those birds than you do your self. Are you going to get your sons bird mounted? Great job.

Quest

I actually called in two toms for my buddy and his son. It was the first time they had taken a bird. I was working another birds and all of a sudden these two toms appeared 30 yards away in a full strut, completely silent. They came into 20 yards and they both shot and 2 tags filled. They were pretty excited. I had my 7 year old boy with me about 10 yards back, watching the whole thing unfold. That all happened before 600 am. So we took the birds back to camp, and we all headed out again. Made another set about half a mile or so in the other direction. Got an old gobbler to respond, but he was with the ladies. After working the ladies for about 30-40 minutes they started coming and the ol boy followed suit, gobbling like a madman and strutting all the way accross a small meadow. The hens got about 10 feet away and my 7 year old finally had to move. They started clucking and the tom dropped his feathers and put his head way up high and I took him. That all happened before 8:00 am it was a great hunt.

T

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom