Turkey

505Hunter

Hello Fellow MM'ers,

As I await anxiously for the draw results - or the backdoor - I figured I would maybe try to kill some time with some turkey hunting.

Firstly, for the spring season, is it any legal sporting arm? Legal being shotgun, muzzleloading shotgun, and archery?

Secondly, with finals and school ending soon, I wont be able to make it up to good ole Mt. Taylor until the last weekend of the hunt, but I figured I would maybe try the Manzano Mountains (unit 14) since they are within an a 30min drive, I could go up many weekends. Has anyone hunted these mountains for turkey before or have some knowledge they would be willing to share (PM's accepted)?

Third, this question relates to the first question, if I can make it up to Mt. Taylor, can I use any legal weapon? I know unit 14 is archery only, no problem there. It's just that my GF wants to come but she doesn't like shotguns yet so she wanted to use a bow. I have read the proclamation and haven't seen anything regarding the use of any legal weapon (except for the units that specify it). Can anyone clarify on this for me?

Thank you!

also, only the parts of Unit14 that are within the Sandia Ranger District are archery only the remaining parts are any legal weapon, if i remember correctly

Ixsolravxi,
Thank you, I will most likely be in sandia ranger district so archery it would be. Might bring shotgun in case I go onto parts.

But as far as weapon to use, is there any info on unit 14 in particular?

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom