TWEAKING AN ODOMETER???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
I Remember Back In The Day Odometers Only Went To 99,999 & Then They'd Roll Back To 0!

I Remember Alot Of THIEF'S Rolling Them Back Manually To Desired Mileage!

You Don't Need To Pull The Dash Cluster Out Anymore!

Ain't The newer F'N TECHNOLOGY Nice?

Within A few Minutes With The Right Tool They Can Make That Vehicle Almost New Again!:D

A Few years Back We Were Looking For A Car For Our Daughter!

Don't Remember The Name Of The Used Car Place But It Was In Provo!

I Stopped & I Was Looking At This Car,Was In Decent Shape,Mileage Wasn't Too High Until I Found A Receipt Under The Seat From An Oil Change That Said Otherwise!

They Had Rolled About 60,000 Miles Off Of It!

I Packed The Receipt In To The Office And handed It To The Owner/Manager & Gave Him A Piece Of Mind!

He Never Said One Word,He Wouldn't Answer Any Of My Questions,Just Sat There With A Funny F'N Grin On His Face!

I was a traffic court judge for 6 years after I retired. I never dealt with any of this, but would get bulletins on recent cases involving rollback schemes. It's all out there if you know what to look for.

I can see why every teenager would want a Cybertruck. 0-60 in 2.7 seconds and bullet proof (kind of). How cool is that?

I pulled the cluster fuse to get more miles out of my lds mission car (99 Cavalier). They allocated me 1000 miles a month, and we had a 950 square mile area. We'd burn through 1000 miles in 2 weeks. Ironic that my Great Great Great Grandfather invented the odometer (roadometer).

I bought my 2003 Tacoma new. I've put 7 sets of tires on it and it still only has 62,548 miles on it. :D
I am not sure what impresses me most, the 62,548 miles or the 7 sets of tire.

Between my wifes 4-runner and my tacoma, we have put about 45,000-48,000 miles on them (combined).

I tweaked a few ”odometers “ in the day.

This has @eelgrass all over it. Fishin and curing global warming at the same time (y)

AAH...back in the day when odometers were odometers.. Feel sorry for current generation that seemingly can't tell an odometer from a blow up doll !

I remember one summer my cousin came to visit from down south. When he got here, he bought a set of rear tires for his 1965 4 speed GTO. A week later they were almost bald. He went back to get a new set under the warrantee. They were guaranteed for X number of miles. They just laughed at him. We sure did have fun that week though.

When I was a kid there was a kid down the street a year older than me that would play with us. His whole family was in the used car business. The story goes the family had a big card game that they would put on about once a month. At the card game a man walked into the house and executed a man playing cards with a shotgun. Walked out and left 20k sitting on the table. The rumor was the dead man had been in touch with prosecutors to provide evidence of a large scale odometer scam that was being run.

You might not be able to tell 10 or 20k have been wiped off but you can tell any more than that. and if you're not sure of the milage then that means it's had a hard life so walk away.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom