Twinn Falls, Big Buck and Bull Contest.

fatrooster

Long Time Member
Hey guys, last Saturday Janurary 5th, I had the oppurtunity to attend the Big Buck and Bull contest put on by Rob Greene Auto Group and Intermountain Taxidermy & Worldwide Adventures in Twinn Falls, Idaho. What a good time and some great animals. Several bucks were well over the 200" mark and many of the bucks had all kinds of character as well as the bulls. You Idahoans definitely have got some great genetics in your heards.
But what I really wanted to say is congratulations to the people that put this on. In this day in age many bussinesses are afraid to openly support hunting for fear that they will lose the bussiness of the nonhunting community. For a car dealership like Rob Greene to not only support hunting but actually put on a contest that promotes hunting is admirable. You folks in Idaho are lucky to have big bussiness in your community actively taking a stand and leading the way in protecting our hunting rights and supporting your community. So why would I, a guy from Nevada be telling you guys how great these people are? Because not only are they supporting your community but they are supporting my community by donating to my owne Big Buck and Bull contest in Spring Creek, Nevada. I'd like to mention the names that I know that are involved although there are more of them that I do not know. Ricky Franks and Kirby Butler of the Rob Greene Auto Group and Jeff Frost of Intermountain Taxidermy & Worldwide Adventures.
Thanks guys for supporting my event and thanks for putting on your owne event in Twinn Falls. Years ago there were quite a few Big Buck Contests but nowadays there are only several accross the Western U.S. We need more bussiness owners to take a stand and not be afraid to promote hunting. And us little people need to give our bussiness to these people who love what we love and thats hunting and fishing. The next time I'm gonna buy a truck I'm going to Rob Greene. And the next time I need a deer or elk head mounted I'm going to Intermountain Taxidermy. fatrooster.

Would be nice to see some of those bucks and bulls if there are any pics to share.

Thanks for sharing....

LAST EDITED ON Jan-08-13 AT 03:33PM (MST)[p]Twin Falls only has one "n" ;) All kidding aside I hear its an awesome banquet, kinda sad I live in Twin and still haven't attended one. A good buddy of mine is a sponsor too I believe, Caleb Drake, owner of Advantage Archery. And Jeff is a good guy to work with, he put up with all my nit picking and he did my 2011 deer and I'm happy with how it turned out. I'll post a pic later tonight if I remember...

Jeff Is a great guy and he has done a couple of animals for me. Ron

AntelopefinishedDsmall.jpg

06buck57.jpg

It is a great contest they put on. I entered one year with a deer, and this year my buddies Antelope took first place for muzzleloader, and friends kid took third place in whitetail division. Gives everyone a chance to see what is still out there. I wish we still had one here in eastern Idaho. RIP Lil Bro' "Huntnfever"

>Very nice muley Ron, I really
>like that frame. You mind
>sharing if it was LE
>or OTC? If not, no
>worries.

LE

Sorry about the misspelling of Twin Falls, lol. Those are all nice animals and some dang good taxidermy work. And Jeff definitely a stand up guy! fatrooster.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom