Ultimate Hunts - WyoXtec

WyoXtec

In 09, I drew a sheep tag in my home state of Wyoming with max points. Area 5.
2009Bighorn025e.jpg

My best friend KC (my brother) and my brother-in-law Tim volunteered for the adventure, it turned out to be one of the most awesome hunts I have been a part of.
2009Bighorn037e.jpg

Our Redneck BBQ, it doesn't get any better than this. I had always wanted to eat sheep ribs cooked over an open fire, dreamed about it since I was a kid reading Jack O'Conner stories.
2009Bighorn002e.jpg

In 2010, I must have been living right because I drew a mountain goat tag in Utah with only 7 points, a few weeks later I found out that I drew another mountain goat tag in my home state of Wyoming.

The Utah hunt was first, KC and I headed for Willard Peak to find a Nanny. It didn't take long as the mountain was covered with goats.
2010UtahGoat068e.jpg

Ended up killing a 9.5 inch nanny on the first morning
2010UtahGoat055e.jpg

Good partners are hard to come by
2010UtahGoat019e.jpg

The Shot
2010UtahGoat017e.jpg

The Wyoming Mountain Goat tag was sheer luck, no points system, odds are about half of one percent to draw. But, my name was in the hat and got drawn for Area 2. I spent quite a bit of time climbing various drainages in search of a big billy. In September, my oldest son Kody spotted a big billy while we were on our way to scout an upper basin. He almost talked me into killing one that day (there ended up being six big billies in one basin) but we decided to wait till the end of October when the hair was long. My brother KC was the head guide and Kody was official packer in October when we decided it was time.
2010WyoGoat044e.jpg

The South Fork of Indian Creek in the background
2010WyoGoat056e.jpg

Are we there yet?
2010WyoGoat071e.jpg

The Ultimate hunts. Thanks KC and Kody.

WyoXtec

What an awesome year! Thanks for sharing.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never has and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

Good stuff Tory. I was wondering when you were going to put up some more pics on here. Looks like you have been busy on some good hunts. I apply for that same mountain goat tag every year.

Great looking Goat, Did ya see any great looking Bucks while you was up in God Country.
Did you wander over into the North Fork area at all.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

It may be impossible to top that season. Hope you did not use up all of your luck.

Gator, I never did see many deer and no big bucks. Kinda surprised me because it is killer looking deer country. Did not end up making it to the North Fork country, I would have liked to make that loop.

OldMan, The ribs were excellent. Sheep meat is all very good, the only thing that I have eaten that I think is better is Oryx meat. Can't say the same for the mountain goats though. Their meat has a very good flavor but you will wear out your jaw muscles chewing it.

Get a hold of me if any of you draw these tags, I would love to do those hunts again, or at least help you with what I learned. Especially Area 5 sheep, that is an awesome hunt.

WyoXtec

Absolutely fantastic photos and I love the one panoramic view. Hard to believe that there aren't big mulies all over that area!

Looks like you are going to be broke, after mounting all of those trophies! Congrats on some amazing animals.

WAY COOL! Good job and thanks for sharing your awesome photos. If you apply enough, sometimes all the stars just line up. Is that your first Wyoming sheep?

Those hunts were pretty good for messing around but did you get into any good Mule Deer hunting?

Pretty much kidding you there. Great year!!

Joey

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom