Unique Buck

diehardhunter

I was lucky enough to tag this buck this past sunday in 2b. I went into this hunt not expecting to see a lot of deer let alone any mature bucks due to the lack of weather up north. I decided the best plan would be to get behind a closed gate and be glassing early. Saturday morning started off with a bunch of does and 1 small 3x3. Hunted two different areas saturday afternoon with same results as the morning. Sunday morning found my brother in law and I behind another closed gate glassing early. We had a small sagebrush flat in front of us with a few bigger ones in the distance. We had found a few does right away. I was scanning the small flat in front of us when I saw this buck walking across. I could see he had a huge body and
a good 4 points on the right side. I decided he would be worth taking. He went behind some tree's and we had to move to be in position for a shot. I found him again but this time he had us pegged from 225 yards away. I got set up and took the shot which broke his back. I made my way down to him and finished with a second shot. That is when I saw the spike with the points on the bottom. We got him skinned and cut up, packing him out about a mile in one trip. This buck had a big body, swollen neck and a THICK layer of fat on him. I am very happy with him and can't wait to see how the euro mount turns out.

2127p1110026.jpg

2334p1110028.jpg

9771p1110093.jpg

8207p1110148.jpg

Sweet buck, I love those mutant mulies. Looks like the huntin beard is working for ya, may have to try it next year...

That's a cool lookin buck. I might of killed one of his offspring. Killed a small 4x2 for the second rifle hunt.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom