Unit 1

DirtyTough

LAST EDITED ON Mar-01-10 AT 07:21PM (MST)[p]So this is just a curiosity question. Since there is only one archery tag for unit 1 mule deer, how do they allocate it to the non res? Once every 4 years?

I was thinking the same thing, but if you look at the draw odds on mm it looks like a nonres got a tag in '08. But in '07 a nonres didn't draw even though s/he had the most points.

I'm the poor guy who put in with 1 NR point in 09 and didn't draw the tag. Pretty crappy deal to be the only one with max points and still not draw. Not exactly sure how Colorado's draw system works, but seems like a waste of time/money to put in for that hunt. Anyone know why it shows having 1 permit, but no one recieving that permit? I would love to draw the tag, but it seems unavailable for non-residents.

I know it would be a tough unit to hunt archery, but I'm up for the challenge!

Nocked N Loaded

The 1 tag offered for hunt code DM001O1A has been allocated to a resident applicant from 2005 through 2009. It is very unfortunate that the Colorado DOW doesn't alert non-resident applicants to this problem in the hunt tables of the proclamation. They should mark the hunt codes that won't allocate a non-resident license due to the very low quota. This problem happens in units like unit 1 where the tag quotas are very low for some of the hunts that are offered.

>The 1 tag offered for hunt
>code DM001O1A has been allocated
>to a resident applicant from
>2005 through 2009. It is
>very unfortunate that the Colorado
>DOW doesn't alert non-resident applicants
>to this problem in the
>hunt tables of the proclamation.
>They should mark the hunt
>codes that won't allocate a
>non-resident license due to the
>very low quota. This problem
>happens in units like unit
>1 where the tag quotas
>are very low for some
>of the hunts that are
>offered.

I could understand that reasoning but if you look at the draw odds on MM it shows a non res drew the tag in '08.

Hey thanks for the info on that. I was actually trying to find the summery to look it up and couldn't. Looks like MM is wrong.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom