Unit 1

OwnMoreBone

Just wondering how the Whitetails are recovering in Unit 1 after the couple of years of bad winters. Thanks in advance.

OMB

There's room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potato's and gravy.

I hunted it last November against my better judgement and was extemely discouraged. The locals I spoke with in the area I hunt had done some unofficial accounting and had figured they had lost upwards of 75% over the course of the previous two winters. The stories were horrible, I will be giving it a couple more years before I am back.

Thanks Mike,
Where in Unit 1 did you hunt?
OMB

There's room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potato's and gravy.

alot of the bucks i have been seeing look to be in the 4 or 5yr. range. being 2 to 3 yr. olds when we had the 2 bad winters. last year was about the easiest winter an animal could have got around here. but overall numbers are still very low..but what is to be found is in good shape. just havent got any glimpses at any old toads yet. im on the border of unit 1 and 2

Thanks Jon,
We will really concider coming back up this year, hopefully lady luck will shine on us. I will keep you posted as to who we do.
OMB

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom