Unit 102 Antelope?

scubasteven25

I see there is limited access in unit 102 but it seems half the unit is national forest. Are there very many antelope in the national forest or do they mostly stay on the flatter, private land side of the unit towards Buffalo? Are the state lands in this unit open to hunting? Are the landowners receptive to hunters? What can I expect as far as size? I am looking to do it on my own on public land. If anyone has any experience with this tag, I would appreciate the guidance on whether or not to buy any of the leftover tags. Thanks for the help.

Very limited public access in that unit that holds antelope and most of it is within 5 miles or so of I-25 going up to Sheridan. You'll find the ranchers very receptive if you get out your wallet to shoot a buck. I've not heard of any of the area up through there being noted for big bucks. If you just want to shoot does, a lot of them will allow free hunting after the first few days and the paying crowd leaves. I would not get tags without first having something set in stone with one or two ranchers. Call G&F to get a list that will allow access for a fee.

Thanks for the advice Topgun. I called this morning and got a landowner list. Looks like about a dozen of them in that unit. I'm mainly looking to have a good time with my father on a hunt. He's physically disabled and can only walk about 50 yards, so size isn't a big deal. We'll probably buy doe tags as well.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom