Unit 11 Bighorn Sheep Rain Check

live2hunt

The unit 11 Bighorn Sheep draw tag holder from 2012 that was granted a rain check for 2014 for his irresponsibility to verify his draw results has taken his irresponsibility into the hunt. He has shot and killed two big rams on his hunt. Unit 11 which has been one of the state?s best units for producing trophy big horn rams was faced with a large fire this year and now has an additional ram harvested that was not planned for. The herd in unit 11 is not large and factors like this will take this unit down for potential hunters in years to come. IF&G is investigating this but it appears where he did turn himself in they are going to slap his hands with a warning ticket and will allow him to take his pick of the two rams and confiscate the other ram. It appears the outfitter that was assisting on the hunt will walk away with not even a hand slap. A sheep hunter did this same thing in Washington and he paid the price for it. Got to question who is regulating Idaho because it is not the IF&G.

The information I been able to gather so far on how it happened all though very similar I cannot post it as fact. It is fact that two rams was killed and IF&G has one ram in possession and the hunter has the other in possession and a warning ticket will be the citation given. Barker Trophy Hunts would be the outfitter. Eric Barker has an article on it in the Lewiston Tribune.

Do you guys have a link to the story? I can't seem to find it. Barker runs a pretty tight ship; this would be out of character for his crew.

Is it illegal to speculate? Nope.

This guide should know better than to let his hunter shoot at more than one Sheep, I don't care what the circumstances.

If Fish and Game didn't pursue this it is just as likely because they don't want to get into it with the kind of lawyer a hunter like this can hire.

Guy should lose both rams for sure. Probably should lose hunting rights for some time as well, which should keep him from hunting western states for a few years so he is much more careful next time.

People do stuff they have to pay a price for all the time that they did not intend to have happen.

>Is it illegal to speculate?
>Nope.
>
>This guide should know better than
>to let his hunter shoot
>at more than one Sheep,
>I don't care what the
>circumstances.
>
>If Fish and Game didn't pursue
>this it is just as
>likely because they don't want
>to get into it with
>the kind of lawyer a
>hunter like this can hire.
>
>
>Guy should lose both rams for
>sure. Probably should lose
>hunting rights for some time
>as well, which should keep
>him from hunting western states
>for a few years so
>he is much more careful
>next time.
>
>People do stuff they have to
>pay a price for all
>the time that they did
>not intend to have happen.
>
>
>
Very well said I could not agree with you more in entirely! There is a push for something to happen with this.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom