Unit 11 mule deer

elkslam

I was just wondering about the mule deer in unit 11 and what to expect to see as far as size of bucks and numbers. If anybody has any info it would be greatly appreciated. Just general info would be great.

Big bucks, is what I would be expecting. it is pretty steep, but lots of hiding spots. It should be a great tag.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-31-07 AT 02:37PM (MST)[p]Great area. I live in Lewiston, Idaho. We have a fire on the Breaks of the Snake and Salmon Rivers at this time 85% contained. Needless to say the hunting will be great. Wife has a late season tag. Hoover point, China Creek, stay around the top due to fire.

John

I also know of another guy who's wife drew the tag he works for the fish and game in that area. I need to give him a call to get a reporton how much burned. Thanks for the info.

I was at my cabin on Deer Creek this weekend and spoke with the forest service. they are letting no one past Deer Creek South of Zaza Road, said they should be down to 50 people by the end of the week. 51,000 acres burned, Everything on the West side of Zaza Road to the Salmon River.

I have seen nice bucks in Unit 11 many times. Got a little too high up hunting the Craig Mountain area for whitetails last year and ended up running into Muley's all over. Saw two really good 5-pointers last year. Good luck, I hope I can draw one of these tags some time. :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom