Unit 11

Mbogo

Curious to what kind of bucks the late hunt in Unit 11 produces? Has anyone had that tag recently?

I have never stepped foot in that unit, but the three guys I respect the most as big deer hunters who have lived in this state all their lives think that unit has the most trophy potential, but is the hardest country to hunt. Do you or your party have a tag or just looking into the future?

I got drawn for unit 11 and I never hunted that area bfore either. My son has hunted Elk there and he told me that it is a trophy hunt area Holds BIG deer.

Whats funny is people always say that about this unit...they give out more tags as opposed to 18 which is south of there in the same terrain and in my opinion 18 is far more rugged than 11 with salmon and snake rivers bordering it. but 18 has poor trophy potential

The breaks of the Salmon and Snake are steep no matter what way you look at it and no matter what unit you are in... They all have their nasty canyons and their 'easier' canyons. Unit 11 is a fine unit to draw but be prepared to work...

Mike
"What I could do, I was doing, and that was simply putting my butt on the line for my country, the country that I loved, so that all the protestors and the academics and the liberal intelligentsia back home could enjoy the right to protest against people like me, the hated middleclass." --Gary R. Smith, US Special Forces

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom